Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Save Export?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I noticed an experimental wii save import function; is there an export function? Can I take a save game from Dolphin and load it on to an actual wii?
Specifically I'll be doing this with Monster Hunter Tri; the version in dolphin is the same as for the Wii I recently bought (NTSC), and the dolphin .iso I've been using was legally ripped off of a Wii disc.

How can I transfer my save to wii?
(05-11-2010, 11:36 AM)conductor_bosh Wrote: [ -> ]Specifically I'll be doing this with Monster Hunter Tri; the version in dolphin is the same as for the Wii I recently bought (NTSC), and the dolphin .iso I've been using was legally ripped off of a Wii disc.

It seems like you'll have to soft-mod your Wii.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs...menus.html

P.S. I remember using my gameshark back when MH was out on the ps2, good times...
(05-11-2010, 12:26 PM)Deep Sea Diver Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2010, 11:36 AM)conductor_bosh Wrote: [ -> ]Specifically I'll be doing this with Monster Hunter Tri; the version in dolphin is the same as for the Wii I recently bought (NTSC), and the dolphin .iso I've been using was legally ripped off of a Wii disc.

P.S. I remember using my gameshark back when MH was out on the ps2, good times...

Do I really have to mod it just to import the saves?
(05-11-2010, 01:12 PM)conductor_bosh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2010, 12:26 PM)Deep Sea Diver Wrote: [ -> ]

Do I really have to mod it just to import the saves?

Yes. (As far as I know.)
shouldnt be necessary, export the save by right clicking the game in the list
and than copy the private folder from the dolphin dir to your sd card
Can anyone confirm that exported Monster Hunter Tri Dolphin saves work on the Wii without any hacking?
It has worked for every one of my games, but i dont have that one
tell me if it doesnt work so i can fix it Tongue
Did you ever get the save to work on your Wii? I really don't want to mod my Wii either.
(05-13-2010, 03:26 PM)Deep Sea Diver Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever get the save to work on your Wii? I really don't want to mod my Wii either.

I don't have an SD card for my Wii, but I ordered one from Amazon last week and it should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know whether or not it works. I have heard it works with some games, but I haven't heard anything about whether or not it works with MH Tri. I'll let you know after I give it a shot.
Pages: 1 2 3