Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri English Setup Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

LanternGhost

So I know I have had a lot of problems with getting Monster Hunter Tri to run at a good speed and in English and so here is how I got it to work. I complied all this info from another thread were it was spread out but I do not know the original authors I simply made this to help people.

Also note that my version of Monster Hunter Tri would only work in French or Spanish before doing this. I have not tested this with the Japanese version of the game.

First off you will need to download V4830M of Dolphin you may download the 32bit version here or the 64 bit version here

Note
: The 32bit version is v5192 as I did not download v4830 of the 32 bit version. Everything should work the same if you follow this guide but I have not tested it myself.

Next you will need to set it up so it will run in English.

1) Load the game into the dolphin menu by hitting Config>Paths>Add, add the folder were your game is loaded

It should look like this if you did it correctly

[Image: 24mgy6e.png]

2) Enable TLB Hack by Right clicking Monster Hunter Tri and hit Properties and click TLB Hack in till it changes to a check mark. It should look like this.

[Image: 535udg.png]

3) Setup your Graphics plugin go to Config>Plugins and set it to Dolphin Direct3D9. From there setup the graphic plugin like I set up mine in the pictures.

Image 1
[Image: ac8z0l.png]
Image 2
[Image: bdozh1.png]
image 3
[Image: 35dbus4.png]

Note:In Image 1 Anti-alias option and in Image 2 any option in the Texture filtering menu like Force bi/trilinear and Enable 16x anisotropy filtering. are all OPTIONAL it just makes the game look better so its up to your computer specs.

4) Setup the general settings go to Config>General and make it look like this
[Image: rmsaoj.png]

5) Play! Everything should work fine now and I have had no crashes or slowdowns in the first two hours of playing.

Note: If the game is to bright due to bloom this version of Dolphin has a feature to disable bloom if your running the 32bit person press the 7 key (not sure if its the numpad or the keyboard)

or pressing the / key on your numpad for the 64bit version. The only time you should disable bloom is when you are in the game not in the main menu as it causes it to vanish. To make it reappear simple press / again on the numpad.
(05-10-2010, 07:35 AM)LanternGhost Wrote: [ -> ]So I know I have had a lot of problems with getting Monster Hunter Tri to run at a good speed and in English and so here is how I got it to work. I complied all this info from another thread were it was spread out but I do not know the original authors I simply made this to help people.

Also note that my version of Monster Hunter Tri would only work in French or Spanish before doing this. I have not tested this with the Japanese version of the game.

First off you will need to download V4830M of Dolphin you may download the 32bit version here or the 64 bit version here

Note
: The 32bit version is v5192 as I did not download v4830 of the 32 bit version. Everything should work the same if you follow this guide but I have not tested it myself.

Next you will need to set it up so it will run in English.

1) Load the game into the dolphin menu by hitting Config>Paths>Add, add the folder were your game is loaded

It should look like this if you did it correctly

[Image: 24mgy6e.png]

2) Enable TLB Hack bu Right clicking Monster Hunter Tri and hit Properties and click TLB Hack in till it changes to a check mark. It should look like this.

[Image: 535udg.png]

3) Setup your Graphics plugin go to Config>Plugins and set it to Dolphin Direct3D9. From there setup the graphic plugin like I set up mine in the pictures.

Image 1
[Image: ac8z0l.png]
Image 2
[Image: bdozh1.png]
image 3
[Image: 35dbus4.png]

Note:In Image 1 Anti-alias option and in Image 2 any option in the Texture filtering menu like Force bi/trilinear and Enable 16x anisotropy filtering. are all OPTIONAL it just makes the game look better so its up to your computer specs.

4) Setup the general settings go to Config>General and make it look like this
[Image: rmsaoj.png]

5) Play! Everything should work fine now and I have had no crashes or slowdowns in the first two hours of playing.

Note: If the game is to bright due to bloom this version of Dolphin has a feature to disable bloom if your running the 32bit person press the 7 key (not sure if its the numpad or the keyboard)

or pressing the / key on your numpad for the 64bit version. The only time you should disable bloom is when you are in the game not in the main menu as it causes it to vanish. To make it reappear simple press / again on the numpad.

Do you maintain 30fps while fighting lots of monsters (i.e two wyverns + bugs and jaggi/baggi)

Also, does that version have the spellforce bloom patch? playing without bloom makes the game look too dark/ugly, and the unpatched is offset and pixelated.
Spellforce only compiled one revision with the fixed bloom which is the r5423. The game looks better to my eyes without the bloom though, it's still too bright during the day times. Just playing at 1080p, 4xSSAA and 16x anistrophic filtering puts the game way above the wii version graphically. Bloom is just cheap lighting trick anyways.

LanternGhost

Also Deep Sea Diver I have not had my fps drop when fighting lots of monsters but am only about two hours into the game. I do not have the spellforce bloom patch because I just don't need it, I have never used it before and mine does not seem offset and pixelated with the settings I run at but I have never seen the fixed bloom.

I find the bloom a bit annoying in this so I usually turn it off but with these versions you can toggle it on and off as you wish. Also I have no idea how to run a game in 1080p in Dolphin not sure if its some graphical option you check or a plugin.
LanternGhost, you just change resolution to 1920x1080 and preferably enable AA, that's all Smile

LanternGhost

(05-10-2010, 08:56 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]LanternGhost, you just change resolution to 1920x1080 and preferably enable AA, that's all Smile

Ahh many thanks!
I still get 20 something fps when fighting lots of monsters. This version seems like the same thing except the bloom looks horrible and the wii-mote plugin sucks.

I don't know how people with dual cores and mobile IGPs get better framerates than me. (C2Q 9550 gtx 260)

LanternGhost

Having dual cores helps spread out the load but it wont make any huge speed ups, as for the wii-mote plugin I do not know because I use the classic controller style for this and have no problems. I also do not use the bloom feature, I put out this guide really to help people who were stuck and want the game to be in English. I do not really know about the slowdown as I have never experienced it probably because I am 2 or 3 hours into the game.
I followed the guide, update my driver and direct X. the game runs fine, except for the fact that the graphics are really blurry. (E8500, GTX 280,4gb ram)
[Image: blurrym.th.png]
(05-10-2010, 12:07 PM)clongetty Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the guide, update my driver and direct X. the game runs fine, except for the fact that the graphics are really blurry. (E8500, GTX 280,4gb ram)
[Image: blurrym.th.png]

That's the "bloom" /-key shuts it off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7