Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin = fail, Emulation is for Hypocrites,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Now that I have your attention, first I'd like to make perfectly clear, I'm here to make a fair statement on the behalf of myself, and a few others that may have gone through some of the same things I have. I'm not here to insult you, or get into a large debate. I'm going to post this, I'm going to be very polite, and careful how I put things, and then will probably have my post removed.

Let me start by saying, I am a firm believer in free information. I don't think any media, books, videos, even games should be chained down, I think all information, as irrelevant as it may seem should be open source. True fans will always support products, and by allowing people to preview things before hand is a great way to widen your customer base.

Now legally, you can't offer ISO, or games. Because that would be copyright infringement right? However, the creators really don't "care" about this, its just a legal binding, something they have to do to stay out of trouble.

If truly do not support piracy, you wouldn't be doing this project to begin with. So you (the creators) are hypocrites for this, whether you believe it or not. Also, I don't need all you brown nosers posting and explaining to me why people emulate, and what the point behind all this is, I know, sometimes, its a course in college, or just to see if you can do it. To help out right? Hoping someone can benefit from your work? Ah yes. Well Either way, I'm not going to read it because of two reasons.

1. I don't care what you have to say.
2. I am positive, that this thread will be deleted.

From what I have seen, this is a really nice project, and it DOES work. Depending on what your system is like, video card, ect. I've been messing around with this for a week or so now, trying to get some things to run, but as close as I can get is a black screen with sound, which seems to be responsive, but just not good enough.

I have browsed through several forums, where I have seen someone asking for help, only to get a reply from someone who lives in their mother's basement and knows all about this detailed crap saying "Oh your a dumb noob tsk tsk" When another human being is just asking for a hand.

So, in the minds of some, Dolphin is a great emulator, and I've seen it do amazing things, even outdo Nintendo's graphics. However, in the minds of some people, the emulator is total garbage and isn't worth the time, people who may have computers that can handle it, but there just isn't enough support for them, or even regard for that matter.

OPENGL is great and all, and was set to the default video plugin for a reason, but if you base 90% of your emulation around that, of course your going to have conflicts. There are too many errors, its too buggy, and this project has been going for how long now but yet, you guys just can't seem to help these people with their video problems?

Really? Its a shame really, it really is a shame.

Now I ask the reader, what has been your overall experience with Dolphin?
you're mom fail
boring.... nice try troll

(05-10-2010, 06:20 AM)RDilus Wrote: [ -> ]you're mom fail

hahah that made me lol xD
(05-10-2010, 06:05 AM)Notatroll86 Wrote: [ -> ]I have browsed through several forums, where I have seen someone asking for help, only to get a reply from someone who lives in their mother's basement and knows all about this detailed crap saying "Oh your a dumb noob tsk tsk" When another human being is just asking for a hand.

Show me a thread like this.

(05-10-2010, 06:05 AM)Notatroll86 Wrote: [ -> ]OPENGL is great and all, and was set to the default video plugin for a reason, but if you base 90% of your emulation around that, of course your going to have conflicts. There are too many errors, its too buggy, and this project has been going for how long now but yet, you guys just can't seem to help these people with their video problems?

90% of the emulation is based around OpenGL?
I lied to myself, I read your comments. I just think its funny how you two don't have one smart thing to say. Thanks for proving my point.
no one wants to invest time trying to change the mind of a dumbass troll.
You really are stupid, if you dont like the emulator than just stop using it! you dont have to cry about it to us!!!!
(05-10-2010, 06:21 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2010, 06:05 AM)Notatroll86 Wrote: [ -> ]I have browsed through several forums, where I have seen someone asking for help, only to get a reply from someone who lives in their mother's basement and knows all about this detailed crap saying "Oh your a dumb noob tsk tsk" When another human being is just asking for a hand.

Show me a thread like this.

Google it,

(05-10-2010, 06:05 AM)Notatroll86 Wrote: [ -> ]OPENGL is great and all, and was set to the default video plugin for a reason, but if you base 90% of your emulation around that, of course your going to have conflicts. There are too many errors, its too buggy, and this project has been going for how long now but yet, you guys just can't seem to help these people with their video problems?

90% of the emulation is based around OpenGL?

Dude, 90% of everything I read is "OpenGL OpenGL OpenGL" Well not everyone uses OPENGL not that its bad, and I may be exaggerating a bit but it seems to me, that it is at LEAST loosely based around that, as it is the default plugin. Plus the biggest problem I've seen people have is "Cannot find OPENGL extension you may be missing some crap" lol

If you took as much time as I did, searching topics, and trying to find solutions, you'd know what I was talking about. Now I'm done.

btw NO UR MOM (Really?)
if you get that error it means that your graphics card is shit!! any moron knows that!
1st of all...IF you would 100% READ EACH AND EVERY STICKY ON THIS FORUM, U wouldn't fuckin do this, Because:
The black screen is common and is explained why it is like that, incomptibility of games, bad config etc.
and 2nd of all, no one will care about this thread, as your a 0.1% minority saying dolphin is sh1t.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5