Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problème when running gamecube game on dulphin emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

AirborneCody

Hi every one! I'm new in emulation gamecbue! I would like to play to gamecube game on my pc(i don't have any wii or gamecube, it's dead) ! I browse the game i want to load with the emulator: Star Wars Rogue Leader
and when I double click on the game, it launches the emulator(dos windowà but i have this message!

[Image: cw2541hul5.jpg]
and the emulator crashes
And also when i click on Play on the emulator, I have this other message:

[Image: l1qvvo9eac.jpg]
emulator crashes after too!

i think I must dump like the tutorial says in the forum with rawdump 2.1, but it doesn't work(i use daemon tool to insert the ISO, my original dvd is broken, so I had to download the game)
here the message error I have when I try to dump the gamecube game:

[Image: 227krt294j.jpg]

it's the same error for the 3 drives.

How can I dump correctly, if it is the solution to launch gamecuube games with the emulator, or did I forget anything?

sorry for my english, i'm french
Well, first off: Rawdump only works with a very small group of DVD drives. I tried 7, none of them worked. There's a thread on one of the boards on this forum with a how-to for ripping games with your pc. That thread should contain a list of drives that work and don't work. IIRC the type of drive Rawdump shows in the screenshot you provided is certified as not working. Depending on the drive, Rawdump may get further in the process of ripping. While trying to rip F-Zero GX with my drives it varied from displaying the error "faulty drive" immediately to displaying that I had a Wii-disc in the drive, to displaying that it had detected a Gamecube game. However, it still gave the error "you might have a faulty drive". There's nothing you can do about that, except buying a drive that is certified to work with Rawdump.
Furthermore, I don't think the iso is the problem. I have no idea why you are trying to load it with Deamon Tools anyway, Dolphin can load isos by default, but that's beside the point. From your screenshots I can conclude 2 things.
1) You might be running an old Dolphin build (latest mamario version is 5442 as I'm typing this). Try running a newer build, it MIGHT work.
2) The first screenshot you posted shows an error that basically tells you that the game is trying to do something Dolphin does not support (yet), so you might want to check the compatibility lists on this forum.
As for other tips... Try a different video plugin (use Direct3D9 instead of OpenGL), try to change the configuration of the emulator (under Config) or change the preferences for the iso.
There's plenty of things that can be wrong here:

1. The revision is too old, you should try 5400+ or the official one on http://www.dolphin-emu.com/ (official) or http://www.dolphin-emu.org/

2. Rawdump is a program to rip a physical disk onto your harddrive. You obviously can't use daemontools to virtually mount an iso and rip it to a hard-drive (because you already have the iso and there is no physical source). Rawdump works with a few dvd-drives. One common is lg 8162-b which can be bought second hand even at just $10. Then you can rip any gc/wii game for dolphin (though some may need patching such as nsmb)

3. You are using opengl plugin. Switch on dx9, enable efb->cpu access, enable efb scaled copy hack & copy efb to texture. Use JIT recompiler in configs & disable safe texture cache.

4. It is evident from the screens that you are using illegal pirated versions of games. Since you don't have a wii/gc either, or a drive capable of ripping a game. They can have faulty bits, nuked, missing data/partitions or other problems.

5. Some (few) games will not work or boot yet with dolphin.
I just checked the list of games that do not work with Dolphin, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II and III are both on that list. Both games only display a black screen and then stop working.
Stop downloading ISOs
(05-10-2010, 10:31 PM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]Stop downloading ISOs
Downloading isn't illegal, sharing is. So it'd be more accurate to tell people to stop torrenting ISOs.

Still, the problem is that his emulator is not working, not that he's pirating games. Imagine yourself having a problem because, say, your DVD player doesn't play your discs with holiday pics on it and that film you downloaded, and then someone would just come in and tell you to stop downloading films. Doesn't help you at all, completely unnecessary.

So either shut up or help, no jumping on the anti-piracy bandwagon.
(05-10-2010, 10:41 PM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]
Downloading isn't illegal, sharing is. So it'd be more accurate to tell people to stop torrenting ISOs.

Still, the problem is that his emulator is not working, not that he's pirating games. Imagine yourself having a problem because, say, your DVD player doesn't play your discs with holiday pics on it and that film you downloaded, and then someone would just come in and tell you to stop downloading films. Doesn't help you at all, completely unnecessary.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Nintendo Wrote:Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy.

The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Yes it is illegal. If you didn't rip games that you own from your disks you are breaking the law and should the slim chance ever occur, be held liable for copyright violation.
(05-10-2010, 10:41 PM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]Still, the problem is that his emulator is not working, not that he's pirating games. Imagine yourself having a problem because, say, your DVD player doesn't play your discs with holiday pics on it and that film you downloaded, and then someone would just come in and tell you to stop downloading films. Doesn't help you at all, completely unnecessary.

So when exactly are you planning to start helping him? This forum has strict anti-piracy rules. Live with them or get the f** out.
(05-10-2010, 11:47 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2010, 10:41 PM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Nintendo Wrote:Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy.

The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Yes it is illegal. If you didn't rip games that you own from your disks you are breaking the law and should the slim chance ever occur, be held liable for copyright violation.
I stand corrected.

And yes, this forum has strict anti-piracy rules, and I do agree with them, but I'm strongly against using such strong language, kernel64.
Forget I ever posted. Tongue I'm done with the difference between American and European law. I figured that getting the game to work was more important, but I read some other threads and I get the overall stance of the admins here now. My bad.
So what kinf of "such strong language" are you against ?

Cauz you just told me to shut up ^^
Son of a gun !
Pages: 1 2