Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MASSIVE GCpad and Wiimote plugin issues with xbox360 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just reread my title after typing to page and LOLed at the dramaticism in the title...

I'm having an amazingly difficult time trying to solve this problem... Maybe you guys could throw some ideas at me?

The problem arises when I want to map buttons to the 360 controller in GCpad and Wiimote plugins.

Gcpad isnt so bad...everything works except it will not recognize the right analogs y+ axis(right-stick right).This can be easily (although awkwardly) solved by placing z on the left shoulder and right stick right to the right shoulder..

I'm also having to use the shoulder buttons because although when I pull the triggers it shows response on the numeric x-input display, but when trying to map it, it will not recognize.

In wiimote, some games on wii wont work with the gc controller(Monster Hunter 3 for one.)So I have to map to a classic controller.

In this plugin neither of the analogs are mappable at all(although they clearly show input on the display..)Also the triggers do not function in this plugin.

I forgot to mention that the same problem arises when trying to map ANYTHING under wiimote, not just classic controller...
Like i said in your old thread, use the "Dolphin GCPad New" plugin. It doesn't have any Xbox 360 controller issues.
There is a "Dolphin Wiimote New Incomplete" plugin as well, which should have no issues with your controller.
GCPad New is included in Dolphin 2.0 and all later revisions.
Wiimote New is in the svn. You can get an svn build here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
Thanks again for the link.. gonna try the incomplete plugin, also I meant to say gcpad new, the build of dolphin I had gotten cam with gcpad and gcpadnew but gcpadnew was selected by default and it did not work...maybe regular gcpad will, I'll try it and wiimote incomplete now.
(05-09-2010, 03:29 PM)jeffdamann Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for the link.. gonna try the incomplete plugin, also I meant to say gcpad new, the build of dolphin I had gotten cam with gcpad and gcpadnew but gcpadnew was selected by default and it did not work...maybe regular gcpad will, I'll try it and wiimote incomplete now.

"when I pull the triggers it shows response on the numeric x-input display"
That's GCPad, not GCPad New.
wELL NEITHER GCPAD, GCPAD NEW, WIIMOTE, OR WIIMOTE NEW PLUGINS ARE WORKING CORRECTLY.(Sorry caps)

The first three are explained above, new incomplete recognizes the analogs fine, but does not work in game... it acts as if no controller is connected..(it may in the home menu, but I cant hit the button to make it pop-up.......... Yeah ok I got the gcpad working, but what about my wiimote problems, any suggestions?
Doing it wrong? :p
Does the controller work in the config window after starting the game?
also are you saving the config in the plugin settings Tongue

Ps. yo Billiard26 how did you become Super Moderator?
Why not use the padsimple plugin?

@ shawnanastasio: Though luck :p? Nah, But it would be fun to know Big Grin!
I have the same issues as OP, in monster some of the buttons just dont function for me. I cant seem to use the L button w/e that is on classic controller for wii . The D-pad acts as the right analog ?. I will post my screenshot of my current config when i get home from work.

Edit: ill try to latest svn build see if i can resolve my controller issues

disolitude

@jeffdamann

Did you get this resolved?

I am having the exact same problem. I am using wiimote Incomplete and everything maps out fine, but when I start a game, the xbox 360 controller isn't recognized bu the game. The odd thing is that I got it recognized and working for RE4 wii edition but every other game is not responding to buttons on my 360 pad...
I was using the 2.0 but I tried it with the very latest build and I have the same issue.