Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Wii controller Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hatekrew

Hi,
I only started using Dolphin a few days ago. However I'm having the same problems on the two games that I got (Mario Kart and Super Mario for Wii).

Basically the problem is, I can't set the controller not to FIX tilt right. Like, when I start Mario Kart, everything is fine, but as the game begins, the character tilts to the right and so if I press Accelerate, basically my kart will keep spinning clockwise.

I've changed the controls on the keyboard, tried using my Saitek Cyborg Rumblepad, assigned, reassigned controls but nothing works.

All these have been done under the Wiimote section. Emulation is turned on, Sideways and Upright Wiimote is checked(I've tried unchecking them and running but to no avail), and no emulated extensions selected.

I'm a complete n00b in Dolphin so I really dont know if I've missed out on something? I've installed the DX9 and VC++ redistributables according to the initial instructions.

Also, in the GC controller plugin screen, there is only Dolphin GCpad Plugin, and Dolphin GCpad New....

My computer is as follows:

Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0 Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 4870 1 GB, Patriot Extreme Performance Rams 2x2 Gb@800 Mhz. HDs are WD 640 GB and Seagate 250 GB.

Thanks in advance to everyone. Big Grin
Sounds like you need to set up your axes in either Analog 1 or 2 and choose Analog 1/2 for tilt/swing (top right).
Upright Wiimote should be off for MKWii.
You could also play the game with an emulated GC controller using "GCPad New".
Another option would be to try "Dolphin Wiimote New" which in included in any recent svn build. Configuration is easier in the new wiimote plugin.

Hatekrew

(05-09-2010, 01:37 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you need to set up your axes in either Analog 1 or 2 and choose Analog 1/2 for tilt/swing (top right).
Another option would be to try "Dolphin Wiimote New" which in included in any recent svn build. Configuration is easier in the new wiimote plugin.

There aren't any "new" option on the wiimote plugins. just the one I mentioned. I'm about to try your suggestion and about the axes and get back to you.
(05-09-2010, 02:05 PM)Hatekrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2010, 01:37 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you need to set up your axes in either Analog 1 or 2 and choose Analog 1/2 for tilt/swing (top right).

There aren't any "new" option on the wiimote plugins. just the one I mentioned. I'm about to try your suggestion and about the axes and get back to you.

Alright I tried what you said. Now it doesn't go around in circles, as in it's not locked on the right(-->) direction anymore. But now it doesn't go in ANY directions. lol. If I accelerate, it just keeps going straight (or if I brake/reverse, it goes backwards).

So how do I steer? And since I don't have the "Dolphin Wiimote PluginNew" where do I get it? I doubt that's the reason why.

So how do i set up the direction (steering) for MKWii? The Direction keys work for something else in the game though (turbo maybe? use powerups?).

Thanks again.
I'm guessing you are configuring your axes wrong. You need to set up Analog 1/2 in the top/left area of the config window.
It's a bit confusing in the current wiimote plugin, much easier in the new plugin. :p
"Dolphin Wiimote New" is in the svn. You can get an svn build here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Hatekrew

(05-09-2010, 02:32 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you are configuring your axes wrong. You need to set up Analog 1/2 in the top/left area of the config window.
It's a bit confusing in the current wiimote plugin, much easier in the new plugin. :p
"Dolphin Wiimote New" is in the svn. You can get an svn build here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

I've installed the new SVN and it works YEY!!! But I did not do it through the Wiimote (instead I set up my controller through Njoy and it seems to be working fine).

Also the frame rate seems to have improved too. I have 59-60 FPS regularly on Mario Kart. Thanks SO MUCH!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin