Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I thought my pc was good, but I get 30fps at most...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the following in my pc...
Amd Phenom II X4 965BE 3.6 ghz
2x HIS Radeon HD5770
4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Why can't I get more than 30 fps...I can set the gfx settings maxed or minimum and I get around the same fps...

I wish I knew what to do..anyway,any help will be apreciated.
(05-09-2010, 11:22 AM)jeffdamann Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't I get more than 30 fps...I can set the gfx settings maxed or minimum and I get around the same fps...

Because your CPU is the bottleneck rather than your GPU.
Try using these settings: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
That has seemed to have solved the problem, but now I cant get the controller plugin to work with my xbox360 controller.

All the buttons will map successfully and correctly except for the triggers and thumbsticks... It shows that they are there on the xinput thing but when you click like...left and hit left-stick left nothing happens, hell you can hit all the triigers and swirl both analogs during the countdown and nothing...any ideas?
Use the "GCPad New" input plugin. It is included with Dolphin 2.0 and all later revisions.
All Xbox 360 controller issues should be gone in GCPad New.
erm, billard, his cpu is a beast. He probably forgot to change efb to tram to efb to texture, or the framelimiter was set to 30.
Lol yeah I know my cpu is good, gonna overclock it to 4.0 soon(as soon as I get better cooling), and it was the ram instead of texture issue. I just don't like to argue, anyways..

Thanks for your help on the fps billiard,but I am still having control issues, but I'll make another post.Again thanks for the help guys.
(05-09-2010, 02:41 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]erm, billard, his cpu is a beast. He probably forgot to change efb to tram to efb to texture, or the framelimiter was set to 30.

Well it's about equivalent to high end i5 or 860 i7 but it's still a bottleneck for two 5700+ series radeon cards, though that would just apply in high perf. 3d games like crysis, not dolphin emulation.. Anyways, ignoring this since it's irrelevant..

Either way, there should be no circumstance where you actually lag with dolphin..

Use dx9 plugin, disable safe texture cache, use same game res as your desktop, enable efb scaled copy hack, put framelimiter off & use audio throttle, copy efb to texture. These alone should yield you full fps on all games.
What game is he playing? Maybe one that is always capped at 30Tongue