Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Networking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
now that Dolphin 2.0 has been released, is there any sort of networking system that lets two people play a multiplayer game? for example, could i play final fantasy crystal chronicles on one computer and have my friend play it on another computer, and we could play together over the internet? or at all? thanks in advance Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Yes, but version 2.0 does not support it.
Acquire a recent revision from a compiler such as mamario.
could i have a link please? when i search mamario all i get is mamary, lol....

LuisR14

(05-08-2010, 10:37 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]http://dolphin-emu.org

sorry to keep asking things, but.... which one do i download? lol... thanks Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(05-10-2010, 01:14 AM)xGreyKingx Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2010, 10:37 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]http://dolphin-emu.org

sorry to keep asking things, but.... which one do i download? lol... thanks Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

The most recent revision available.
I'd go for a 64 bit build if you have a machine that supports this.
how's da networking function in dolphin?
is it like in da game u juz go to online mode n dolphin will get u connected ? lolz
10x Smile
i don't know if answer or not 'cause you don't sound serious at all xD
anyway... no, you have to open a tcp port in your router's configuration page (skip if you directly connect to the internet) and give your friend your address. dolphin's netplay works just as a kaillera p2p plugin
direct connection without the middleman (server)
(05-10-2010, 12:04 PM)kronox Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know if answer or not 'cause you don't sound serious at all xD
anyway... no, you have to open a tcp port in your router's configuration page (skip if you directly connect to the internet) and give your friend your address. dolphin's netplay works just as a kaillera p2p plugin
direct connection without the middleman (server)

ic i understand da open port part and da address u mean is da statistic ip or dynamic ip?

da netplay do support every game which is playable in dolphin?

read da thread in netplay under tungle so quite understand now 10x
juz wondering when wii game will be available for netplay lolz especially monster hunter 3 cant wait for dat
Well for starters they have to allow wiimotes to work on netplay (i think Billiards is working on that department) Also Dual core it's mandatory for that game (as it's a resource eater), so a fix for DC stability on netplay it's more likely needed.
Btw If your ISP gives you an static address, then you give them your static address (not really recomended), if it's set to dynamic ip... well that's better for security issues. Just make sure you're not connecting to the internet through a router, in wich case you have to open up an specific TCP port for dolphin (not really a diff thing to do)