Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which graphics card is better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to know which graphics card is better for dolphin

Radeon HD 4550 or Intel® G41 Express Chipset?

They both take up the same amount of watts, so if the Radeon is better, I'm going to use that for my computer.
Definitely the radeon 4550. All intel igps suck, you probably won't even be able to run dolphin with a G41, let alone get a decent framerate.
(05-07-2010, 02:15 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely the radeon 4550. All intel igps suck, you probably won't even be able to run dolphin with a G41, let alone get a decent framerate.

Well actually, I get a somewhat decent framerate, but kk, then I'll buy the Radeon
4550 is better, but i suggest you get 5570 which is better, and has almost same price. or if you want better speed gain, get the 5670, which is 20$ more expensive ~80$
the Radeon is better by far so its better to get that.
Radeon CArd by FAR, you are looking at a nice card, I recommend it, although if you have the cash buy a radeon 5870, or if you want to go Crazy(if you have a high end rig) buy a 5830 very expensive, but possibly the best gaming GPU on the market.

And no, I don't own one, But I have used one, and they are very nice(all of the cards).
and DO NOT use INTEL graphics..... SO not recommended.......
(05-08-2010, 07:37 AM)ExtremeYoshiFan Wrote: [ -> ]Radeon CArd by FAR, you are looking at a nice card, I recommend it, although if you have the cash buy a radeon 5870, or if you want to go Crazy(if you have a high end rig) buy a 5830 very expensive, but possibly the best gaming GPU on the market.

And no, I don't own one, But I have used one, and they are very nice(all of the cards).

5830 is weaker than 5870 AFAIK...and.....he was pointing at a low-end cheap card and you take him to mars Tongue
i say add the $ for a 5670 since it's got dx11 and it's quite faster. the 4550 is kinda old, don't you think?
Buy any card as they recommend, but DO NOT use Intel GMA...they are of no use...
(05-07-2010, 12:58 PM)sonicfan1012 Wrote: [ -> ]Which graphics card is better?

The one that isn't integrated crap Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2