Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin + Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WindowsPCVideos

Is there a way to use your keyboard as a controller?
If so, please tell me the link to the plugin.
Which OS?
All the input plugins included with Dolphin 2.0 support keyboard input on Windows and Linux (I think).
For OS X Keyboard, you will have to use the GCPad New or Wiimote New plugins in the svn.
I think you should update directx (link in billiard26's sig) to see the plugin

WindowsPCVideos

(05-07-2010, 12:35 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Which OS?
All the input plugins included with Dolphin 2.0 support keyboard input on Windows and Linux (I think).
For OS X Keyboard, you will have to use the GCPad New or Wiimote New plugins in the svn.

How about if I am using a laptop? Can I still check the "Use USB Keyboard" ?
(05-07-2010, 12:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should update directx (link in billiard26's sig) to see the plugin

How about the GCN controller?
(05-07-2010, 12:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should update directx (link in billiard26's sig) to see the plugin
ALSO, If you don't mind, please upload your whole Dolphin Emulator with the plugins (If you have x64 Windows) and share the link because I am having more problems like Wiimote plugin errors + ISO loading errors and many more errors I haven't mentioned.
(05-08-2010, 06:47 AM)WindowsPCVideos Wrote: [ -> ]How about if I am using a laptop? Can I still check the "Use USB Keyboard" ?

I'm pretty sure the "Use USB Keyboard" is for emulating a keyboard being attached to the wii, for use with the wii menu and stuff. Not for playing games.
You must configure your keyboard keys in the GCPad/Wiimote plugin config to use your keyboard as a controller.

WindowsPCVideos

(05-08-2010, 07:18 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2010, 06:47 AM)WindowsPCVideos Wrote: [ -> ]How about if I am using a laptop? Can I still check the "Use USB Keyboard" ?

I'm pretty sure the "Use USB Keyboard" is for emulating a keyboard being attached to the wii, for use with the wii menu and stuff. Not for playing games.
You must configure your keyboard keys in the GCPad/Wiimote plugin config to use your keyboard as a controller.

Thanks, but I am having problems with that too....
Please read my post on the Game Discussion forum.
(05-08-2010, 07:18 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]

Uh oh... I need a Wiimote + GC plugin....

HELP MEE