Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Kirby's Air Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get this to open if I have a save file for it, if I don't have a save file for it, it works fine, but If I make a save file and Next time I open it the Emulator just crashes. Anyone know the problem?
Sorry for bump, but I'd really like help on this and it's already gone to the 2nd page.

I also tried Save states, but most of the time it makes the Music/Sound effect loop which just crashes the Emulator after a few secs.
I can't speak towards this game specifically because I don't own it, but there are other games that have the same glitch as well. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for example. If you try to format or use the 2nd memcard, it crashes the game. My guess is it's a glitch in the emulation and will need to eventually be fixed. In the meantime, probably not much you can do. You can try going to the User subfolder and erasing the memcard files (make sure to back them up if you have important stuff on them for other games) and let Dolphin rebuild them.

Also, have you tried using save states? (shift+f1 to save & f1 to load). That might be an alternative to using the memcard to create save files.
I think this one's a bit different...? It can Format and play trough the Memory card fine, but if I switch it off and reload the game with it's save file it just crashes apon load.

And yes like I said above I tried Save states but loading these in this game seems to make what ever sound was playing Loop and then later (Most of the time when there's supposed to play another Music/Sound effect) the game crashes.
Yeah, unfortuntley save states can be a bit buggy, but can usually get you through the game. But I guess not in your case as it still eventually crashes. And when I talked about MK DA, the same thing will happen. You can format the 2nd memcard and save your game just fine. But if you close out of the game and go back in, the game crashes. Also, if you config Dolphin so it doesn't have the memcard in the 2nd slot, it crashes. That's why I think it's a glitch within the emulator. If you haven't already, maybe try playing with the memcard config. Like having only one attached, then both, etc. Just to see if some combination might get it to work.

Sorry about not noticing your initial comment about the save states, I didn't fully re-read the post the 2nd time around. I shoulda Wink