Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quick question on sensor bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently bought the Wii Ultra Wireless sensor bar from power A and a usb bluetooth adapter dongle. Currently I can't seem to get the bluetooth to detect the sensor bar.

So i have two questions, #1st. Does the Wii Ultra wireless sensor bar work for dolphin or bluetooth devices.

2nd. If it does work, are there any tricks to getting it detected besides holding down 1 and 2 on the wii mote.

3rd. If this device does not work for bluetooth, can anyone recommend me a good wireless sensor or usb sensor bar to use in order to use my wiimote on dolphin.
The sensor bar doesn't need to communicate with the wii/ your computer at all. All it does it provide some IR lights for the wiimote to look at.
(05-06-2010, 09:08 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The sensor bar doesn't need to communicate with the wii/ your computer at all. All it does it provide some IR lights for the wiimote to look at.

Hmmm, well, I'm on windows 7 x64 based pro edition. I suppose I'll fiddle around for awhile if the sensor bar doesnt matter so long as it has power.
(05-06-2010, 09:13 AM)Andoru Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2010, 09:08 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The sensor bar doesn't need to communicate with the wii/ your computer at all. All it does it provide some IR lights for the wiimote to look at.

Hmmm, well, I'm on windows 7 x64 based pro edition. I suppose I'll fiddle around for awhile if the sensor bar doesnt matter so long as it has power.

It doesn't communicate with any devices in any way. It's just a row of infrared LED's. You can use any two devices 30cm away from each other that emit IR light.

There are popular videos on youtube of people even using candles successfully as sensor bars.
I see, perhaps its the USB bluetooth adapter then. Here, I'll link to the two devices im referring to. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

USB Bluetooth adapter USB Bluetooth adapter at amazon

The Sensor bar Sensor bar on amazon
(05-06-2010, 09:57 AM)Andoru Wrote: [ -> ]I see, perhaps its the USB bluetooth adapter then. Here, I'll link to the two devices im referring to. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

USB Bluetooth adapter USB Bluetooth adapter at amazon

The Sensor bar Sensor bar on amazon

Tongue the sensor bar doesn't do any form of communication at all. It doesn't use bluetooth. All it does is light up some LEDs from batteries. You don't need to sync it with your PC. Tongue
Tongue the sensor bar doesn't do any form of communication at all. It doesn't use bluetooth. All it does is light up some LEDs from batteries. You don't need to sync it with your PC. Tongue
[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that much now, but i included it anyway. As far as I know, my computer should be finding my Wii when I hold down 1+2, but for whatever reason, it isnt. When I go to add devices, it just doesnt show up.

[EDIT] Oh wow, I just read on the forums that black wiimotes do not work for whatever reason. That amazes me.
(05-06-2010, 10:10 AM)Andoru Wrote: [ -> ]Tongue the sensor bar doesn't do any form of communication at all. It doesn't use bluetooth. All it does is light up some LEDs from batteries. You don't need to sync it with your PC. Tongue

Yeah, I understand that much now, but i included it anyway. As far as I know, my computer should be finding my Wii when I hold down 1+2, but for whatever reason, it isnt. When I go to add devices, it just doesnt show up.

[EDIT] Oh wow, I just read on the forums that black wiimotes do not work for whatever reason. That amazes me.
[/quote]

after u plug in u got connect manually ur wiimote using dolphin-connect wii mote under da tools option there?( connect wiimote 1 alt+f5)