Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I Screwed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to run this, but I seem to keep running into problems. My computer stats are attached... I read somewhere that the dxdiag txt output file was the best, so here it is.

And I already know I can't use the OpenGL plugin. Don't need to bring that up. I plan on remedying the situation as soon as I can.
Yeah, ur screwed Sad...
The CPU is kinda weak for Dolphin you know...
Not only it's weak, I doubt it supports SSE2...
I does support SSE2; I got CPU-Z and it said so.

LuisR14

seems like it's one of the newer celerons Tongue (not one of the old ones), but according to the gfx you can't use the OGL plugin :/
Did I not say that in my OP? I know I can't use the openGL plugin... there aren't too many games I want to emulate anyways (all the others are for other systems and I already have those emulators)
the games would run slow............
Yeah, I've kinda figured this out... meh, no matter.
The integrated chip would not support opengl draw functions at all and directx9 will be extremely slow.

Also due to processor hw limitations (1mb cache, unable to support intel speedstep/demand-based switching) it would be miraculous that games would boot at viewable framerates at all.

Fortunately hardware is not that expensive, even for $200-$300 you can build a machine that will last for years and still have adequate performance. Post on topic if you want help on picking new parts.
Well... I can kinda get the ones I want to play at a semi-tolerable framerate... but, yeah, my comp sucks and it won't run this fully. I plan on getting a new one after I get an external hard drive. This is a laptop, so I'm amazed it runs this at all, honestly.
Pages: 1 2