Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Adaptive noise reduction filter ? :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

from the coding point of view ;-)

It seems that the wii is using a really efficient noise reduction filter for sound output..

I'm using my own IMA based/modified adpcm samples + an on the fly software IMA->PCM mixer which is then passing the sound Buffer to Ax or Ai.

The point is that on retail/devkit/dolphin! a noise reduction as occured and the sound output is clear while on a naive pcm output on another platform (win32 etc) the output is crackly (as it is when converting adcm to pcm which is the normal behavior)

I've tried to locate the noise filter somewhere in the code of Plugin_DSP_HLE but :

1st: i was unable to recompile it to play with it (dxErr issues? and WX probs)

2nd: only located some kind of linear interpolation bit it can't be *only* that.

Any help/advice
thx
1) Try updating your system to the latest DirectX SDK. Wx is part of the Dolphin repository so it should not need anything more to compile.

2) The interpolation is handled by the ucode. No filtering or sound processing hardware has been emulated by Dolphin. Read the ucode Dolphin code to understand how the filtering is processed by the Wii.

3) Please send us your test program for the textures bug that you mentioned in this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-5814.html