Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rat Gui v0.1 - My game profile manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

psychorat

Hello everyone..

I just finished a Gui that saves and loads Dolphin settings as profiles..

Just put the RatGui.exe in your Dolphin folder and run it.

* Tested with Dolphin v2.0

feel free to use it and tell me your thoughts

The tool i used to create this util is "Autoplay Media studio", because i don't have any coding expirience.

[Image: screen1qt.jpg]
[Image: screen2lka.jpg]

i uploaded here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=II8GVPMW
This looks interesting, though I'm confused by what functionality this provided outside Dolphin's existing ini configs.

psychorat

(05-04-2010, 01:38 PM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]This looks interesting, though I'm confused by what functionality this provided outside Dolphin's existing ini configs.

It take backups of your Dolphin ini files as profiles and restores them back.

it is usefull if you don't want to change your Dolphin settings whenever you change a game, or you're just bored to manual backup your ini files per game.
(05-04-2010, 02:49 PM)psychorat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2010, 01:38 PM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]This looks interesting, though I'm confused by what functionality this provided outside Dolphin's existing ini configs.

It take backups of your Dolphin ini files as profiles and restores them back.

it is usefull if you don't want to change your Dolphin settings whenever you change a game, or you're just bored to manual backup your ini files per game.

k, now that I understand it's purpose, I have an enhancement request.

Can you add some date analysis to enable preserving local ini modifications as well as ini updates from compiled sources?

I haven't taken a close enough look to see if this is really possible (i.e. if ini's in compiled builds preserve their original dates or get new dates with each compile). Presuming they preserve their dates, it should be fairly easy to work things out so local updates are generally preserved without missing out on updates from compiled builds.
Nice work