Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No music in TP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Neon401

Hi there.

First of all, thank you for this great emulator. I launched up Twilight Princess (GC) on it and it runs exceptionally well!

Unfortunately, I get no music in cut scenes/cinematics, and it's really taking away a huge part of the experience for me. I'm a big Zelda fan, and Twilight Princess (and WW) looks so great, but I'm a poor student who can't afford to buy a Wii/GC.

So what I'm asking is, is there any way to get cinematic music to play in Zelda? Alternatively, how far away is the development?

I searched and found an answer for my question, but it was out-dated and I'd like to know the current state of it.

Thanks again for a great emulator and an impressive open-source project!

EDIT: Here's my PC specs.
CPU: Intel i5 750 3.6Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 7-7-24 4GB
Well, that depends- are you using the latest SVN version or are you using the stable release 2.0? Try using the other. If that doesn't work, try toggling Audio Throttle. I can't say for sure, as I only have the Wii version of TP and haven't dumped it yet, but the same strategy has helped me with some glitches in other games.
Use the latest build, there was an updated patch committed to the svn not too long back that improved the AFC looping hack. AFC looping is still a bit buggy, some sound effects and music samples are missing or don't loop as properly as they should. Sound and music should no longer stop with the AFC looping hack enabled, the hack itself is always on now since being committed to the SVN.

If you can wait a bit I'll be uploading a new build, the build I am uploading will include Kiesel-Steins patch and another alteration that should give a nice FPS boost in Hyrule Field. Wink

Neon401

(05-04-2010, 08:19 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest build, there was an updated patch committed to the svn not too long back that improved the AFC looping hack. AFC looping is still a bit buggy, some sound effects and music samples are missing or don't loop as properly as they should. Sound and music should no longer stop with the AFC looping hack enabled, the hack itself is always on now since being committed to the SVN.

If you can wait a bit I'll be uploading a new build, the build I am uploading will include Kiesel-Steins patch and another alteration that should give a nice FPS boost in Hyrule Field. Wink

That's really sweet! Great job, I'll be waiting restlessly for your upload Blush

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, what is "AFC looping"?
Check the first post of this thread, it's been uploaded now. The downloads are hosted off site, but it's open for guests to download.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2176.html
Zelda uses AFC encoded audio, and some need to loop like the bgm music.
I'm still a bit anxious for more work on LLE JIT and await for it to finally work as intended, LLE should solve most if not all issues that everyone currently has with the HLE plugin. Both Zelda and Mario music loop correctly on the LLE plugin so I'm hoping it might become more usable soon. Tongue

Despite improvements, the AFC looping hack still doesn't work properly and bugs still exist with looping on the HLE plugin.
(05-05-2010, 01:18 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still a bit anxious for more work on LLE JIT and await for it to finally work as intended, LLE should solve most if not all issues that everyone currently has with the HLE plugin. Both Zelda and Mario music loop correctly on the LLE plugin so I'm hoping it might become more usable soon. Tongue

Despite improvements, the AFC looping hack still doesn't work properly and bugs still exist with looping on the HLE plugin.

So help them work on the LLE JIT Tongue

I notice music in SSBM still breaks even on DSP LLE, just like on DSP HLE.
I would if I knew how to code. Tongue

Yeah I noticed the same thing with the LLE plugin.

Neon401

After playing for a couple of hours with the latest revision, I can see an improvement, but there is still some flaws music-wise. I can't wait for it all to get sorted and I wish I could help with the coding.
Unfortunately, my programming skills are scarce.