Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about save file export / import to wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jeremiah

Hey there,

I'm new here and already have to bug you guys with a question. I searched on the forum and some places else but didn't find the solution I need.

I started using dolphin about a week ago and it is pure awesome, monster hunter tri at 1080p on my tele sure is fun. So I know there is an export function via right click on the game entry in dolphin and that it saves to dolphin\private\wii\etc. how would I go about importing those to the wii?
wanted to play online with a friend with my dolphin character, but the wii can't seem to find the save game I exported on the sd card.

I tried to put the .bin file on it's own and the whole wii\title\etc. structure onto the card. wii shows only empty blocks. Is it actually possible at all? Having to start over my character from scratch would be a real bummer...especially as I would have to say goodbye to unpixelated gameplay when I switch to play on the wii...

thanks in advance
I also have this issue. can anyone help?
Quote:and the whole wii\title\etc. structure onto the card
do you include the private folder?
SDROOT:\private\wii\title\etc

Jeremiah

(05-12-2010, 12:45 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:and the whole wii\title\etc. structure onto the card
do you include the private folder?
SDROOT:\private\wii\title\etc

oh so that's how to do it? gonna try that!

edit:

tried it and it doesn't help. when i plug in the SD card the wii keeps displaying empty blocks...any help?
export a save from your wii to the sd card so that you can see the exact structure that it should match