Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulation of the Wiimote done by the computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sergi

Hi,

I know that this question is going to be a little bit weird, but here it goes:

Is there any way to use a modified signal as an input device for the games? As a example:

- We have a wiimote that is synchronized with the computer.
- The information of the wiimote is processed at the computer.
- This processed information is sent to the game.

Is it possible? Is there any way to make it possible? I know that some systems use a shared memory system where the information is placed.

Thanks!
What are you talking about?
What are you trying to do?

sergi

(05-01-2010, 09:45 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about?
What are you trying to do?

What I am trying to make is have a step in between the wiimote and the emulator.

As it is right now, the wiimote is connected with the computer, and the information sent by the wiimote is used by the emulator. What I want to add "something" between the wiimote and the emulator: this program would receive the information from the wiimote, process this information and "send" to the emulator processed information. What I am asking is if there is a way for Dolphin to accept this input instead of the wiimote information.

Another way of asking the same question is if it is possible to emulate the Wiimote using a computer for Dolphin.
You would need to modify the Dolphin source, or you could try to use the UDP wiimote stuff that was recently added.

sergi

(05-01-2010, 10:16 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You would need to modify the Dolphin source, or you could try to use the UDP wiimote stuff that was recently added.

Thanks, I am going to check the UDP.

LuisR14

umm, wouldn't that just be mapping(pairing) the wiimote to the wiimote plugin? o_O
Are we talking about something that could give the possibility of wiimote + mouse cursor, or is that a different issue? Because it's to my understanding that the wiimote data is sent directly to the game, without Dolphin (yet) knowing how to tamper with it, and this is why you can't separate the IR functionality? (This is my guessing, I can't read codeTongue)
You can write a glovepie script that matches dolphin's emulated wiimote input. that way you can use Wiimote for swings/rolls/pitchs and wiimote buttons, but also mouse for emulated IR pointing.

At least that's how i do it =)