Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New CPU, please help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I should not buy AM3 CPU's right.
You should if your motherboard support it, check the manufacturer page to confirm.
Ok I'll check.

Alright I found this page: http://global.msi.eu/index.php?func=prod...incat_no=1
It says I can install a Ph II X4 955 on it right? If that's true, is that the best choice for running Dolphin?
i got 965 but 955 is enough for full speed but check black edition is better in oc
Just get the 955. All processors have 7 day minimum return policy.
If you get it don't like it doesn't work you got 7 days to to say hey my Processor doesnt work send it back get something else. But according to MSi it works go for it.
But personally if your going to upgrade upgrade your Mobo and your Processor because that CPU is gonna be crippled.
Nah go for the CPU first if you can only afford it, there won't be huge performance hit. 955 is good.
I will go for the CPU aye, 955 is a good CPU and am going to buy the black edition (I'm OC addict tbh lol).
And if I should buy a new mobo, shall I buy one that supports Intel processors? I saw somewhere that it's better for Dolphin.
(05-02-2010, 02:43 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]I will go for the CPU aye, 955 is a good CPU and am going to buy the black edition (I'm OC addict tbh lol).
And if I should buy a new mobo, shall I buy one that supports Intel processors? I saw somewhere that it's better for Dolphin.

Thats up to you if you got the money for it id say go with Intel but tbh sometimes things can be very opinion based if you know what i mean.
for upgrading going for Intel is kind of a waste but eh if it fit your budget, why not?
(05-02-2010, 02:43 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]I will go for the CPU aye, 955 is a good CPU and am going to buy the black edition (I'm OC addict tbh lol).

just buy the cpu i got cuz its fuck the world so hard Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4