Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ATI HD 4870x2 MultiCPU working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TuRnlol

is ATI HD 4870x2 MULTICPU working on the newest Dolphin V2.0?
it runs only one CPU in Dolphin Games....
thanks for anwers Wink
(04-30-2010, 03:58 AM)TuRnlol Wrote: [ -> ]is ATI HD 4870x2 MULTICPU working on the newest Dolphin V2.0?
thanks for anwers Wink

Dolphin don't support dual GPU cards, SLI and Crossfire systems at this moment. If u want moreperformance u need a good single GPU card (HD 5850, 5870 or 470, 480 gtx).
Though Dolphin doesn't "support" multi-GPU cards, if you manually enable appropriate settings to use multi-GPU mode with Dolphin it should work fine. This at least was the case on my former Nvidia 7800 SLI system.

At the same time, even at higher resolutions GameCube/Dolphin typically aren't pushing the envelope too much when it comes to graphics. Unless you are playing across an eyefinity setup of some sort, I doubt you'll see much performance improvement in using SLI.

Report back and let us know. Smile
I thought that the GPU wasn't that importand...
(04-30-2010, 09:41 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that the GPU wasn't that importand...

it only renders every single thing you see on the screen
darkshadw Wrote:I thought that the GPU wasn't that importand...
dolphin might not be cpu intensive, but that doesn't mean you'll have same performance with a 7000 series and 9000 series nvidia card, or 4300 series and 5500/5600 series...
with high-end cards, you'll see an even bigger boost

TuRnlol

(04-30-2010, 05:41 AM)Dynam0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2010, 03:58 AM)TuRnlol Wrote: [ -> ]is ATI HD 4870x2 MULTICPU working on the newest Dolphin V2.0?
thanks for anwers Wink

Dolphin don't support dual GPU cards, SLI and Crossfire systems at this moment. If u want moreperformance u need a good single GPU card (HD 5850, 5870 or 470, 480 gtx).

ok i understand Wink but with one CPU in my ATI HD 4870x2 is too powerful
i got 60 Fps Super Smash Bros Brawl (Map: Super mario sunshine)
and Mario Kart wii with 12 CPU 50-60 fps
and THANK YOU ALL for the anwers Wink

MY DREAM -> SUPPORT MultiCPU in Dolphin Emulator Big Grin
This is GPU not CPU Big Grin