Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Online Mode..what does it take???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey there,just a quick question...

what does it take to build a dolphin emu with a stable netplay feature??i'm sorry if my question was stupid,but i'm just curious...hehehe

thx guys Big Grin
(04-29-2010, 10:54 PM)qazokm Wrote: [ -> ]hey there,just a quick question...

what does it take to build a dolphin emu with a stable netplay feature??i'm sorry if my question was stupid,but i'm just curious...hehehe

thx guys Big Grin

I also have that question, lol

With Desmume, a NDS emulator, you can use wifi, its a new feature and in early stage of development, but ive tested with some games and it do work

Would be good to have a feature like that on dolphin

Btw: I love dolphin emulator

Thanks devs!
(04-30-2010, 12:53 AM)VorTeX Raptor Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2010, 10:54 PM)qazokm Wrote: [ -> ]hey there,just a quick question...

thx guys Big Grin

I also have that question, lol

With Desmume, a NDS emulator, you can use wifi, its a new feature and in early stage of development, but ive tested with some games and it do work

Would be good to have a feature like that on dolphin

Btw: I love dolphin emulator

Thanks devs!

hey there,glad to know there's someone on my side though,hehehe...

yup me too!!i do really hope after the RC's released theonline feature would be included on dev's agenda Tongue
The only stable Dolphin netplay code, that I know of, only works with DSP LLE and Single Core mode. Most people can't run games decent enough when using those settings to make netplay worth it.
It sends the controller data between all the players to keep their game's synced.
There isn't any nintendo wifi online stuff working with Dolphin yet, it seems like one of you is talking about this, and the other is talking about netplay.
(04-30-2010, 03:26 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The only stable Dolphin netplay code, that I know of, only works with DSP LLE and Single Core mode. Most people can't run games decent enough when using those settings to make netplay worth it.
It sends the controller data between all the players to keep their game's synced.
There isn't any nintendo wifi online stuff working with Dolphin yet, it seems like one of you is talking about this, and the other is talking about netplay.

o yeah,i think i read wrong,still the idea seems great though,hehehe...

do u think is it possible to get the new version of the dolphin somehow to be able to use this feat so dolphin's fans can enjoyed it??of course it has to be stable and playable though,hehehe
Right now it will only work when using DSP LLE and Single Core, because dolphin is fail in Dual Core mode. So it's not really playable.
It will be working and fully functional eventually.
(04-30-2010, 05:12 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Right now it will only work when using DSP LLE and Single Core, because dolphin is fail in Dual Core mode. So it's not really playable.
It will be working and fully functional eventually.

thx man...i just need someone who's agreeing with me

maybe it's a selfish thing,but i know there's a lot of fans were hoping to get their hands on this feat,hehehehehe....

let's hope for the best then!!

cheers mate!! Big Grin
Wait what? Desmume has wifi? Meaning I can play HGSS on my desmume emulator against other players playing on their DS devices? You're shitting me!
(04-30-2010, 01:11 PM)Darblos Wrote: [ -> ]Wait what? Desmume has wifi? Meaning I can play HGSS on my desmume emulator against other players playing on their DS devices? You're shitting me!

Yep, thats right

Games ive tested:

Metroid Prime Hunters: works
Phantasy Star Zero: works
Mario Kart DS: rangs when race starts
I havent tested but some says Pokemon also work
That would be interesting for someone on the DS. You just say "sup, Im playing this illegally on an emulator on my computer. You?"

But man, if emulators are now suddenly begging to gain online access, a whole new frontier is opening in emulation!
Pages: 1 2