Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: RE: OK, now that I'm paired, what now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dielaughing

{{{Jump down to the next message I posted, as my plight has completely changed to something different}}}This is my second try at doing this. I completely burnt myself out 2 months back by putting approx. 12 hours into figuring out how the Wii remote can be used on a home computer. Since then I've sold my computer and now have an even better one that I've built from the ground up. So, here we go...
I successfully paired the Wii Remote (w/nunchuck) using Widcomm 6.00 .. it's not all the difficult really.. but now what? I have tried numerous versions of the Dolphin builds, and selecting 'Real Wiimote' in the emulator I don't know what to do next. The emulator has no issues loading up a game such as Metroid Corruption, but I have no communication from the Wii Remote to the game. What am I doing wrong? Is it really that difficult to use the Wii Remote with the Dolphin or am I totally missing 1 little detail? I figured other people must have run into this same exact situation, but after Googling my plight I seem to just get lost in a melee of techno-babble jargon that is all Japanese to me. There's got to be a simple solution to me using this damn Wii Remote, IOGear blue tooth and Infrared sensor bar (of which I totally plan on soldering up a permanent AC adapter to each of the battery powered devices just as soon as someone clues me in to the secret of the Wii Remote and the Dolphin EMU...
Imma attempt to help you with this but this shoulda went into the support section. What Version of dolphin are you using and what plugin. That would kind start support for you.

dielaughing

Finally! Somebody answered me.. but at this point, after a good period of time, I have tried about a hundred new ideas and it's working.. er, well, sort of. You see, I modified my IR Bar so that it'd get it's power from the USB port.. good idea, I just wish I woulda had the right screw driver for the job so I wouldn't have had to pry it open with my knife, totally severing 2 wires and I melted these other ones, exposing 2 more wires.. so in essence, I really messed the device up and tried to re-solder it.. I got the pointer to come on the screen.. but it behaved SO erratically I could not even barely control it before vanishing.. this, I believe, is the result of having only 1/2 of the infrared sensor LED's on one end of the IR Bar working.. so, to test this theory, I just went to the store and pocketed 2 potpourri candles.. I get home, pair up the Wiimote and viola! Success! Now comes another infinity frustrating obstacle. What the hell am I looking at? I'll just post images below so you can see for yourself...

[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 03.jpg]
[Image: 04.jpg]
[Image: 06.jpg]
[Image: 07.jpg]
[Image: 09.jpg]

and it's the screen directly below this text that has 2 things to click on, the bottom one being something I've tried to click on in a few SVN's and Metroid (finally) seems to want to go into the beginning of the game, whatever it is that I am clicking on.. no way to tell...
[Image: 11-1.jpg]
[Image: 12.jpg]
and what are these?
[Image: 13.jpg]
and this...?
[Image: 14-1.jpg]

How can I possible navigate through this game with these unreadable words and constant crashing Dolphin emulator? It's madness I tell you. I put well over a week's effort into just getting the Wiimote to work and then to have this anti-climax! For Real?!!! Why. I demand to know why my favorite game of all time wants to thumb it's nose up at me. It just isn't fair. I've waited so long to play this.. and I've got the best machine money can buy.. but I can't afford anymore.. I'm in debt because of the cost of this PC, which was $1800, so somebody please.. help a guy out.. what is this garble nonsensical bullshit that is English, yes, I can sort of read certain areas, identifying the word nunchuck is required just as the intro starts and some other words like 'Options'. I am at my wits end.. different SVN's don't seem to do anything different from each other.. and the Metroid Trilogy.ISO that I have does the same exact thing.. all the words are unreadable. I've looked high and low on the internet for someone else who has come across this same issue and I can't seem to find any answer to my plight. (OH, and 1 last thing I might add.. this is the file, ISO, that I am attempting to play, the name of the folder is: "Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT" and the link to its downloadable place on the net is: "http://www.wiiiso.com/download/game-usa.php?filename=Wii-Metroid.Prime.3.Corruption.NTSC.USA.torrent" although I'm not sure thats where I got it from, but the files are all the same size and named the same exact way that the ones I have on my hard drive look.. so, whats the damage? I'm as I type, downloading a new, different version from TPBay.. so, like hell I hope it'll be readable uncrashing English that comes in this evening.
sorry didn't read through your whole post too much text Wink
but from what I got;

if it's too slow try (not 100% sure which option it was):
either turn off Dual Core, Idle Skipping or JIT/JITIL recompiler (fiddle with it a little bit)

for graphics problem
-active safe texture cache "normal"
-if I'm not wrong you have to activate EFB copy to RAM for the scanner to work (resulting in worse graphics)

and for the crashes
-in gamelist right-click on the title and activate fifo-bp hack and tlb hack
-and turn off use panic handlers (to stop the annoyance)

if I remember right that's the settings I used (it's been some time), worked pretty good but crashes every now and then.
but as far as I know all metroid prime games have this problems with crashing from time to time, nothing you can do about it I'm afraid...
ROFL all i can really is ROFL GD those screen shots have to to be the funniest mess i have ever seen!
But anyhow i gotta give you some bad news Metroid prime trilogy won't work correctly atm.
You basically got to edit the iso to load a specific way every time you want to play one of the games.
Oh and it gets better once you get the game running correctly the sound literally sounds like its eating itself.
And if that's not icing on the cake the game loves to crash on you.
Oh and sorry to hear you broke you sensor bar. you can make your own even if you soldered it incorrectly as long as you didn't burn out the bulbs in it already.
Not much help i can offer with metroid unless you really want me to tell you how to agitate yourself with it lol.
This thread is a Joke , right ?

You didnt bought and build a 1800 box PC in order to play a game that is not yet supported ?

RTFM ... I wish I had 1800$ to burn !

and BTW , " Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT " ????wtf?

dielaughing

(05-04-2010, 10:24 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is a Joke , right ?

You didnt bought and build a 1800 box PC in order to play a game that is not yet supported ?

RTFM ... I wish I had 1800$ to burn !

and BTW , " Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT " ????wtf?

NO, i BUILT THIS PC FROM THE GROUND UP AS A PERSONAL HOBBY, BUYING 1 OR 3 PIECES A MONTH, EVENTUALLY MAKING A GOD MACHINE.. THIS IS THE 4TH GENERATION OF PC'S i'VE BUILT.. i BUILD EM AND SELL EM, AND THIS ONE IS BY FAR MY BEST ACHIEVEMENT.. BUT THIS THREAD IS NO JOKE. i LOVE THE METROID SERIES A LOT AND IT'S DISTURBING ME TO NO END THAT i CAN'T READ SQUAT.. i ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO START THE GAME AT THIS POINT. i GOT AS FAR AS LANDING THE SHIP AND CALIBRATING MY WEAPON, BUT JUST AS i TURNED AROUND TO GO BACK TO MY SHIP AND SAVE IT, i AM ON THE SCREEN THAT SAYS EITHER SAVE IT OR LIKE, GO INTO SHIP, & I CAN'T READ IT.. SO, I ACCIDENTALLY WENT INTO THE SHIP.. AND WHATDAYAKNOW?!! IT'S FROZE UP ON ME.. RUINING ALL OF MY GUESS WORK THAT IT TOOK TO GET INTO THE ACTUAL GAME ITSELF AND WITH THIS BUSTED IR BAR THAT I'VE DISMANTLED AND HOOKED UP ALL 10 IR LEDs TO THE 5VDC OUTPUT FROM THE USB PORT, TAPING THEN BASICALLY TO THE TOP OF MY MONITOR.. WORKS, BUT JUST BARELY.. THING SUX IF YOU ASK ME. 2 CANDLES WORKS BEST.. THINK I'LL GO AND INVEST IN 2 OIL LANTERNS THAT ARE REFILLABLE AND SMOKELESS.. BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T FIX THE WIERD TEXT ENIGMA. I EVEN DOWNLOADED A TOTALLY DIFFERENT RIP OF THE GAME AND IT DOES THE SAME EXACT THING. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS MESS?

LuisR14

piracy not supported here dude >_>