Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin loading but not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont know how to explain this but just recenty wehn i go to load dolphin
it shows for like a brief second then disapears and i can click on the windows 7 taskbar and it doesnt go to it but it shows it in the preview pain being loaded.
not sure whats up and ive tried varies versions and they all do it now for some reason.
its almost like its loading off screen
I've had this happen before. Try hitting <windows key>+<up arrow> after selecting the Dolphin window on the task bar. That will maximize the window.
I believe you are right. It is loading the window off screen. Might be a config file loading problem.
thanks i just completely deleted everything and redid it seems to be working now seems when you have multiple revision directories it screws up the emulator. i noticed the new 5419 was loading the exe but was loading the files from a whole diffrent rev directory. not sure if its a windows issue or a problem with the emulator itself.
Just delete the config folder Big Grin :p.
Yup, I had the same problem on Windows 7 after a certain recent revision and fixed it by deleting the configuration files and reconfiguring the emulator. Smile
yeah it seems to be doing it it more often now somewhere between 5409 and 5419 it started doing this seems like every so many luanches have to delete the Dolphin config ini file to get it to load correctly.
No one has tried my suggestion?
I've already tried everything when I was having this problem, nothing helped except running in full screen or render to main as render to window wasn't working properly. It was solved for me by deleting the configuration files and reconfiguring the emulator, haven't had a problem since then.
Not sure if anyone has noticed this or not but even if you delete the config folder if you have multiple revisions somehow the .exe will find the config file from the other folder and load it too. Not sure how but i had to delete multiple copies to fix the issue so now i'm just running test builds. And i know i'm not crazy because i was able to recreate the the same setting multiple times.
Not sure whats up with this but it may be related to the issue not a serious issue like i said i just delete the config but im positive the issue only began to occur somewhere in 5410-5419.
(04-29-2010, 01:36 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]No one has tried my suggestion?

Tried that that doesnt work lol. but thanks only thing that fixs it is always starting from scratch. wich can be annoying at times -.-
It seems sometimes Dolphin saves large negative numbers as the Window's X and Y position in the ini config file.