Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: need help setting up 360 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

stikfas

Trying to set up my xbox 360 controller under the Wii Remote Emulated Extension, Classic Controller page.
The problem i am having is that when i try to set the L and R shoulder buttons, the values immediately set themselves back to 1001 for both shoulders. Neither of the shoulders work or sometimes one trigger is set to both L and R and the other doesn't work.
However, i am able to set the controller correctly under the GC Pad button.

Is there a way to have wii games use the GC Pad setup instead of the Wiimote setup for a classic controller? Or is there a way to override the L and R values directly into the *.ini file that saves controller configs?

I am running ver. 5192 because it's the only build i can get Monster Hunter Tri to run on so far.
The old input plugins are poop for XInput (what 360 controllers use) triggers.
Only suggestion I have is make sure you select XInput for the trigger source.
You could give the "Wiimote New" plugin a try in newer revisions. It handles the triggers properly.
But I don't think Wiimote New will work on revision 5192, even if copied over.

stikfas

(04-28-2010, 04:43 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The old input plugins are poop for XInput (what 360 controllers use) triggers.
Only suggestion I have is make sure you select XInput for the trigger source.
You could give the "Wiimote New" plugin a try in newer revisions. It handles the triggers properly.
But I don't think Wiimote New will work on revision 5192, even if copied over.

It's doing the same thing in newer builds too. It automaticly sets the L and R values to 1001, doesn't even give me time to push a button.
I was talking about a different plugin called "Dolphin Wiimote New Incomplete".
It sounds like you are still using "Dolphin Wiimote".