Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting some problems...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

o0xen0o

Hey all,
I've just downloaded the Dolphin Emulator 2.0 (i've never used this program before) and have tried playing some games with it so far I have Mario Kart DD and Resident Evil 4 both have major problems rendering the games unplayable.

The First of the two Mario Kart (US), I've tried running the game under default settings and also other various settings such as the ones layed out in the sticky in the support section on this forum (although I'm pretty sure its a little out of date compaired to 2.0) but no matter what I do I get the same problems;
after the first little animation there is on opening movie just a black screen (its not a big issue just one i noticed) after finding out that the black screen didn't mean the program had died and the movie wasn't going to play I continued on by pressing A. The menu screen cam up fine and the game continued to run at a solid 60fps the whole time even through the character select screens, the main issue I found with the menu was that there was a massive strech on the right hand side of the screen (i've tried playing with the options turning on and off the screen strech options and it makes no difference to this problem). I continued on to a test race and found that the streching issue with the screen continued and now instead of a solid 60fps I was rendered with 6-7fps making the game pretty unplayable.
[attachment=3146]

The next game was Resident Evil 4 (EUR), this one looked more promising everything played well (for the menu atleast) once I selected play game and the difficulty the screen went black and then windows reported a non-response error locking up Dolphin compleatly.

Now I'm pretty sure these issues may be related but from what I can see theres nothing I'm doing wrong (from the information about setting it up I've found on the net at least) but if theres anything you can suggest to help me with playing these games at a healthy speed would be greatly appreciated. My PC specs are in my sig again from the posted specs I've seen on here these should be more than enough to play anygame I can throw at it so I'm left scratching my head Sad
Thanks heaps in advance!

**************UPDATE**************
After some more playing around I've managed to get the ingame frame rates for Mario Kart DD to 25-30fps but there is still a large strech in the image and the gameplay still seams slugish, I'm curious if there are other graphics plug-ins I could be using I notice alot of people talk about a Direct3D plug-in but my only option is OpenGL and Software Mode. *Resident Evil 4 will still not get into a game*

o0xen0o

**************UPDATE**************
Okay after more tweaking I've had some more sucess and noticing 25-30fps is still not great; the good news is that I've found that if I put the screen into fullscreen theres no more streching although out of fullscreen the streching stays. I've also done a time on how long it takes me to get around a 3lap corse running on 25-30fps the game tells me I took 2min 03secs my timer told me I took 4mins 03secs; thought I should keep you all updated even though I've had not replies yet Sad also I've noticed that there are alot of gaming issues in the Games Discussion secion of these forums but im not too sure yet if my issues are emulator related with the graphic problems I'm having or not but if I'm in the wrong spot for this type of thread sorry. Thanks again.