Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will the Wii CD Games work on Wii Emulator??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gsilva87

I'm going through the hardest time trying to find Wii Roms for the Emulator or even Gamecube ones as well. Would the Wii actual CD games popped into the CD Hard drive into my PC work w/ the Wii Emulator? If I just bought the game pretty much will it work on my computer??
Unless you have one of a few not-so-common DVD drives, no, you wont be able to use them directly. Its not hard to dump your own disks if you have an actual wii and arent afraid to use homebrew, and there are plenty of tutorials on the net for how to do that.

gsilva87

(04-26-2010, 04:14 PM)Jotokun Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you have one of a few not-so-common DVD drives, no, you wont be able to use them directly. Its not hard to dump your own disks if you have an actual wii and arent afraid to use homebrew, and there are plenty of tutorials on the net for how to do that.

Well I have the DVD-ROM drive on my laptop so I don't know how hard it would be whether or not to try the CDs on the Wii Emulator.
Only LG brand DVD-Drives can read them because they support a debug command that allows raw byte reading. Normal DVD drives will reject the discs because Wii ones are AES encrypted and gamecube ones have a different ISO format that isn't acceptable to standard PC DVD drives. If you can't find a LG drive, you can use Wii hacks to dump the disc over a wireless FTP connection.

gsilva87

(04-26-2010, 11:06 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Only LG brand DVD-Drives can read them because they support a debug command that allows raw byte reading. Normal DVD drives will reject the discs because Wii ones are AES encrypted and gamecube ones have a different ISO format that isn't acceptable to standard PC DVD drives. If you can't find a LG drive, you can use Wii hacks to dump the disc over a wireless FTP connection.

Thanks, I guess it just won't work on mine then... Sad I don't believe there's anything else I can do.