Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 'Use FPS for limiting' and SMS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with this new function. When i play SMS with this option activated the game run so fast (38-41 fps).

Is it a SVN problem? Is my config? (I use the same config always without problems).
I have a similar problem, the games are running too fast if 'Use FPS for limiting' is checked. why doesn't this option limits the FPS even if I have activated vsync?
Some games are a 50 FPS or 25 fps, if you put this option, dolphin will limit wrong, by the FPS.
If you put, for example limit 50, for a game with 25 FPS in graphics(Resident E. rebirth, for example), the game will play at normal speed in parts where 50 FPS in normal game (menus and cinematics) and at double speed at the normal game (and the Doors-loads- will play at normal speed too, which are a bad thing...)
(04-27-2010, 12:13 AM)shideravan Wrote: [ -> ]Some games are a 50 FPS or 25 fps, if you put this option, dolphin will limit wrong, by the FPS.
If you put, for example limit 50, for a game with 25 FPS in graphics(Resident E. rebirth, for example), the game will play at normal speed in parts where 50 FPS in normal game (menus and cinematics) and at double speed at the normal game (and the Doors-loads- will play at normal speed too, which are a bad thing...)

I use limit = "Auto" in my games.
OK, we have two separate issues...

An old one (i.e. half FPS compared to VPS), which I believe has been a known issue related to Frame Limiting for some time. Some temporary fixes suggested on the forums for such have been to disable frame limiting and take of of these options...
  • Enable Audio Throttle: This seems like the easiest solution, though it doesn't function correctly in a number of games.
  • Enable VSync and set your monitor refresh to 60: This works out for NTSC games, but monitors that support low PAL refresh rates are hard to find.
  • Use various multiples of the desired framelimit: This apparently works, but seems the most questionable of the bunch.
Now onto Dynam0's issue...

"rodolfoosvaldobogado" has been making some adjustments recently trying to fix the old issue. Here are some recent rev's... ...though there is some XFB stuff mixed in, so some may be unrelated. Make sure you're beyond 2394, you may also want to check out a related bug-tracker issue... ...though no SMS issues are noted there.

Also, can you be clearer on your issue Dynam0? I believe with the option you mention FPS is expected to be >30. Is the game running faster than expected related to play rather than FPS?
So... this option dont work with "auto" framelimit?