Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with staring up a Wii ISO!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Wii ISO on my Dolphin SVN R 2962. Whenever I click it it says:

"Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info"

I click ok.

"Can't init any PAD Plugins"

I click ok.

"Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration" Angry

Can anyone please help me? Huh

(Btw, the ISO was Animal Crossing City Folk)
(04-25-2009, 01:14 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Check this thread
I'm not allowed to download thingys like dat dis is the family computer Dodgy

LuisR14

well the directx and vc++ redist won't do anything bad to your pc Dodgy (it'll let you play your game Sleepy)
...I understand that this must be a source of frustration then...

If you're allowed to download revisions of Dolphin though, just download one of the older builds, and use the input plugins (everything except the OpenGL plugin) from the old version. That might get you by until you can convince your folks to let you update your DirectX.

The reason this should work is that, odds are, you already have *some* form of DirectX 9.0c installed, especially if you play games on that computer regularly. However, Dolphin is always compiled against the very latest update to that, so although the version number is the same, the updates and patches and things are newer. You'll need to update your own DirectX if you want to use any of the latest plugins. That, or if you can figure out what exact version (the date released) of DirectX you have, I might be able to grab that version of the library and compile you a custom copy of the plugins to use. That's a bit iffy though, anyone else know how hard it is to get a specific date other than the latest for the SDK?
A custom copy of the plugins will be nice. But I might convince meh folks Smile

btw, that is my first time trying to run a wii iso on dolphin. I've tried from febuary and still cant. Ive got the title screen up on Animal Crossing Gamcube but I cant control.
Custom copy won't help. For plugins to appear you need to install required files.

LuisR14

well AFAIR, windows XP comes preinstalled with DirectX 8.1 xD (not sure about SP1/2/3 Smile)

and for you to be able to compile to an older version you would have to install the DXSDK for those specific versions Smile
Huh