Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS SET to auto or 60, but runs at 30? but FPS off = FAST??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, quick question,

When I set my Dolphin's FPS to 60 or Auto, it runs at a horrendous 30fps...vps = 60...however if I turn it off, it runs at 70+fps. sometimes to maintain 60fps, i'll turn on the DTK audio throttle option...but it's unreliable and plays between 55 and 70fps...what can I do to resolve this?

I have Dolphin R2.0 with vsync off.

Thanks
Try VSync
Dowload the lastest SVN revision, in r5394 there is an option to limit FPS instead of VPS
hmm...

I tried Vsync and it still didn't work...thanks though nosound97!

Let me check the latest revision and see if that helps...it seems that VPS will stay at 60vps...but the frame rate will auto to 30fps...kind of like vsyncing automatically, even when I can run games at 70-90fps, like Tatsunoko vs capcom....

Any thoughts on if this is natural, or what could cause this?
(04-26-2010, 03:06 AM)bananaclawz Wrote: [ -> ]hmm...

I tried Vsync and it still didn't work...thanks though nosound97!

Let me check the latest revision and see if that helps...it seems that VPS will stay at 60vps...but the frame rate will auto to 30fps...kind of like vsyncing automatically, even when I can run games at 70-90fps, like Tatsunoko vs capcom....

Any thoughts on if this is natural, or what could cause this?

First, activate Vsync in the video plugin options.

In wii games, set OFF framelimit option and turn on 'Enable audio throttle' in HLE plugin options.

For GC games In wii games, set Auto framelimit option and turn on 'Enable audio throttle' in HLE plugin options.

Don't use the option 'Use fps for limiting' in general tab because some GC games run so fast with this option activated (like SMS).
Hey, i've tried it on the new svn, and the same result exists..

Vsync option does nothing. However I did some experimenting, and it looks like the "Idle skipping" option causes the FPS to dip down @ 30 when it is on auto. i've disabled it, but don't achieve the speed up it provides with framelimit off and audio throttle on (if that makes sense)...now I'd like to use audio throttle but it unbalances the constant 60fps rate, ranging from 55-70 randomly.

I've switched back to official 2.0 release. This is incredibly odd...could it be that I have a quad core?...not sure here

any ideas on what's the theoretic culprit behind this?
What video plugin are u using? Opengl? Try using D3D video plugin.

Anyway, check this thread and comment.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8768.html

Good luck.