Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime saga suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
with these games i have random crashes (also with the fix and suggestions of the forum), and problem on loading emu save states (sometimes the state won't load, or is loaded without sound)
please developers, if you can do something for make these great games more playable do it Smile

edit. i'm playing the first mp for GC and the third mp for wii, but i've not tried the new metroid prime trilogy for wii
I've had pretty good success (with Metroid Prime 2), only the very rare crash with R4737. Other than that, with framelimit off and audio throttle off, this CPU-intensive game still flies very well, and the sound is great.

Regarding save states, I've found that pushing enter to go into the in-game menu and then pausing the emulator and then saving the state (and then push play again) seems to help a bit. I will still get the occasional soundless loading of the state, but then I just try loading it again and usually works about two-thirds of the time.

I've found R3950 to work flawlessly with Metroid Prime 1.

Regarding Metroid Prime 3, I've yet to really dig into which rev and settings to use for that one yet. Although I did do some preliminary looking into using R5182 as I've found that to be particularly fast, and so far it seems stable.