Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can only use one controller, not two
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

soylentgreeen202

Hi everyone. This problem has been posted a few times but i haven't been able to solve it sadly. On dolphin 2.0 i have a ps3 controller and a usb ps2 controller which work fine except when emulating in dolphin. Only the ps3 one works. I have the slot configured to "standard controller" which seems to be a common solution but it still will not work. When using the old gcpad plugin the controller is reconized but all of the controllers i configure seem to be completely off, even with the ps3 controller. in brawl the directional buttons put a shield up, etc. When i use the new gcpad plugin the ps3 controller works fine but the 2nd one isnt even recognized.

Idk if it makes a difference but im running xp on a decent enough computer

sorry if theres a solution out there that i havent found yet. ive been trying for hours to fix this with no results. thanks for any help!
Sounds very odd.
Maybe there are some controls set up in the wiimote plugin that are being used, when you are trying to use gcpads.
So the ps2 controller is shown in the device list on old gcpad but not in new gcpad? odd

soylentgreeen202

well its on the device list and i can configure it, but as soon as i launch the game there is no response
well i tried using njoy, but when i use it brawl crashes before it even starts. I also tried PadSimple which doesnt seem to support the ps3 controller. I tried using 5402 instead of 2.0 but the same problems exist