Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are game configs stored for each game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm currently exploring dolphin and really am amazed at how it works already. But I'm wondering if the configurations for the games are stored for each game seperately.

I'm talking about all the graphics settings, wii-settings and all other things which might have to be customized per game.

Or do I have to reconfigure everything each time I play a game. Say I play mariokart and it works best if I turn safe texture cache on, then I play zelda and it works best with safe texture cache off, then play mariokart again. Will it remember that I had safe texture cache on and auto-set it? Or do I have to change things manually each time?

Otherwise it would be a nice feature if it auto-stores and loads settings for a specific game (based on gamecode or something) and defaults to a general config if nothing specific can be found Smile
(04-23-2010, 11:31 PM)dagrim1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I'm currently exploring dolphin and really am amazed at how it works already. But I'm wondering if the configurations for the games are stored for each game seperately.

I'm talking about all the graphics settings, wii-settings and all other things which might have to be customized per game.

Or do I have to reconfigure everything each time I play a game. Say I play mariokart and it works best if I turn safe texture cache on, then I play zelda and it works best with safe texture cache off, then play mariokart again. Will it remember that I had safe texture cache on and auto-set it? Or do I have to change things manually each time?

Otherwise it would be a nice feature if it auto-stores and loads settings for a specific game (based on gamecode or something) and defaults to a general config if nothing specific can be found Smile
right click game and click properties.
2nd way is with custom config launcher which is way better according to me, and looks kinda cool. here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-840...g+launcher
Cheers, the right-click config was new for me... Not quite what I hoped but atleast it allows for some things Smile The launcher I also found, but unfortunately 'only' 50 games and another step. Still, looking good! I'll at least take another look at that one Smile