Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Booting games from Wii Menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I would like to boot my games from wii menu inside dolphin. The only way to get my wii menu to boot is open up the wad file from File-->open and wii menu boots but how do I get a game to show up in the disk channel? Thanks
You must first set the iso or gcz file as default, but to my understanding it cannot be done at this time.
Ok thanks but I am having some trouble booting the wii menu with latest rev, dolphin just crashes but with rev 5226 the wii menu boots fine

EDIT: NVM got it working.
Gratsz Big Grin.
Wii menu works if you do full NAND dump from your real wii but it's dysfunctional. Only 1 channel is there: Disc channel. And it doesn't even load the boot animation for many games.

Even if you set a game as default rom, it will say 'disc not inserted' etc... Just a few games will actually display properly.

And if you try to start a game from disc channel the emulator freezes.
Maybe we misunderstood him, he strangely got it working.
Menu can boot with dumped nand but there is yet no functionality in the emulator to boot game (from disc channel)
I misunderstood his second post, he simply got the wii menu to load on a different revision.

Games are still unable to load from the menu, i know what you're saying ocean.
some games are able to boot. i think ntsc games aren't. i think.
here's some video of booting from wii menu and playing:
NSMB
OKAMI
ZELDA TP-Wii
I'm able to boot all my PAL games (my Wii is PAL, obviously Tongue) from Wii menu. All disc channel intros work (except for 2 games here: Endless Ocean 2 & FFCC Crystal Bearers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5zzpVQp9Bk
Pages: 1 2