Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to make the highest settings in DOLPHIN 2.0 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all (1st topic Big Grin) i have an exellent computer , and i would like to know how to make the highest settings in DOLPHIN 2.0 ?
first of all wich plugin is better for graphics direct3d9 or openGL ?? and is there a direct10 or 11 for dolphin yet ??

and then when picking wich plugin is highest , i want to know the highest plugin properties if direct3d = ( Direct3d & Enhancements & Advanced )
i like to know each modification ill make for the properties ^^ ..
and it will be soo much easier if somone will make a print screen showing the selected properties !! Big Grin
------
one more question , do i have to change the properties in each game to show its best settings or the highest properties will be fine ??

THANKSSSSSS ALL Wink
You want to be using direct3d9. No dolphin does not have video plugins for directx10 or 11, nor do the devs plan to make one soon. You should use a global profile unless you run into problems with a specific game, in that case you should configure specific settings for that game. You really shouldn't use the word "highest" since that has no meaning in dolphin. I know what you mean is maximum image quality regardless of performance but you have to understand that most of the settings in dolphin are their to resolve crashes and other issues with various games not to change image quality.

Config
Enable Dual Core: Yes
Framelimit: Auto
Idle Skipping: Yes
HLE The IPL: Yes
JIT Recompiler
Lock threads to cores: Doesn't Matter
DSP-LLE on thread: No
Confirm on Stop: Doesn't matter
Panic Handlers: Doesn't matter
Plugins
Direct3D9
DSP-HLE
Graphics
V-Sync: Whatever you want
Widescreen Hack: No
Anti-aliasing: Whatever you want
Enable CPU→EFB access: Yes
Safe Texture Cache: No
EFB Scaled Copy: Yes
Enable 16x anisotropy filtering: Yes
Enable Bi/Trilinear Filtering: Yes
Disable Fog: No
Enable EFB copy: Enable EFB copy to ram
Use XFB: No
Use Real XFB: No
DSP
DSound
HLE Audio: Yes
DTK Music: Yes
Enable Audio Throttle: No
RE0 Audio Hack: No
thank you very much bro !!!!
just 2 things was concerning me ..
(Anti-aliasing) .. is it better to make it higher ?
and (disable fog) to make it on ?
thankssssss agaaaaaaain ^^
Quote:(Anti-aliasing) .. is it better to make it higher ?
and (disable fog) to make it on ?

Checking disable fog turns off fog rendering. Meaning if you leave it unchecked fog is rendered. Yes high AA is better but I garuntee you no matter how good your video card is most games will lag if you set AA to high. Tell me your resolution and what video card you have and I'll tell you what level of AA you should be using.
1280x1204
ati 5870
^^
.. so if fog is disabled better view ? didnt get u ^^ sory
+
thanks for keeping up with me with ur comments ^^
Quote:1280x1204
ati 5870
^^
.. so if fog is disabled better view ? didnt get u ^^ sory
+
thanks for keeping up with me with ur comments ^^

Wow, with that video card at that resolution you might actually be able to use any level of aa and get almost no drop in performance in any game. Um....how to explain this.....fog is an effect that some games use, you can disable the rendering of this effect. Rendering fog tends to have a large performance hit though, even your system might experience slowdowns in some spots in some games as a result. Can someone post screenshots with and without fog so I can show this guy what I'm talking about?
aha ... thanks alot .. ill try to see the diffrence when enabling it and disabling it ^^ !!
NaturalViolence , im really glad that u were with me in my topic ^^ !! nice to see you
i found this:
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

my system runs better with this ones
Of course it does. Those are the recommended performance settings by mamario. So why would you bump a thread about what settings to use for image quality to post that?
missunderstood the thread sry ^^
Pages: 1 2