Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin save files on Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to take a Dolphin save file and transfer it to my wii, so I can resume my game on the console? I read somewhere you need homebrew installed on your Wii. Is this true? I'd like to find the easiest route possible that doesn't involve hacking my Wii if possible. Thanks in advance!

*tried searching without any luck
Right click on game in Dolphin list -> Export Wii Save

Then you can transfer it to your SD card
(04-22-2010, 04:52 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on game in Dolphin list -> Export Wii Save

So I have successfully transferred the save file to my SD card, but my Wii won't let me copy the file to it's internal memory so that I can actually use it. I have about 50 hours logged on Monster Hunter Tri and I'm ready to play online.
(05-02-2010, 08:40 AM)nacire Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2010, 04:52 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on game in Dolphin list -> Export Wii Save

So I have successfully transferred the save file to my SD card, but my Wii won't let me copy the file to it's internal memory so that I can actually use it. I have about 50 hours logged on Monster Hunter Tri and I'm ready to play online.

It's probably because MH3 is an online game, and the save file has a special mark on it saying transfering to and from Wii's is forbidden. There are some ways around it, like Savegame Manager (not sure if this works or uses its own savegame format) or patching your Wii main menu with StartPatch to ignore the nocopy attribute on the save. Both require you modding your Wii though and both are somewhat more dangerous than other Wii homebrew.
(05-02-2010, 02:03 PM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2010, 08:40 AM)nacire Wrote: [ -> ]

It's probably because MH3 is an online game, and the save file has a special mark on it saying transfering to and from Wii's is forbidden. There are some ways around it, like Savegame Manager (not sure if this works or uses its own savegame format) or patching your Wii main menu with StartPatch to ignore the nocopy attribute on the save. Both require you modding your Wii though and both are somewhat more dangerous than other Wii homebrew.

I was really hoping there was a work around without modding my wii. Anyone know if Homebrew is relatively harmless or easy to install/use? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to transfer a save file, but 50 hours of Monster Hunter and the fact I'd like to play online with wii and offline on the dolphin make it tempting.