Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Individual Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mopheus

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank the Dolphin creators, it's oustanding. I'd also like to know, why not all options are configurable individually by game.
I mean, why only some options are available in the Game-Specific tab for each game and not ALL of them ?
Also, is there any way to build a thread were we post the best configuration for each game ? Cause for example I have a problem with Luigi's Mansion, in the game, Luigi's nose appears with some wrong green texture, the rest of the game is perfect, but I'm sure I saw some videos were the problem is solved in youtube and I cannot fix it, so probably is a setting option that I'm missing.

Sorry if some of this question have already been answered but I couln't find any on the forum yet.

Thanks.
Quote:Also, is there any way to build a thread were we post the best configuration for each game ? Cause for example I have a problem with Luigi's Mansion, in the game, Luigi's nose appears with some wrong green texture, the rest of the game is perfect, but I'm sure I saw some videos were the problem is solved in youtube and I cannot fix it, so probably is a setting option that I'm missing.

Every game has a thread in the game discussion forum with recommend settings listed in the first post. We are also currently working on a wiki for dolphin, when the game list is completed you will be able to access recommended settings for all games quickly and easily there.

Quote:I mean, why only some options are available in the Game-Specific tab for each game and not ALL of them ?

Only the options that are relevant to game issues are available and global settings such as resolution are, well, global. This decision seemed like the logical way to organize things to the devs.
well, there's a program that does this thing, found here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8406.html

Mopheus

Thanks all for the answers, one more question, do you know why un the 2.0 version there's no more "Optimize Quantizers" option ?
(04-22-2010, 07:46 AM)Mopheus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks all for the answers, one more question, do you know why un the 2.0 version there's no more "Optimize Quantizers" option ?
Because It was replaced with an (Almost) "safe quantizers"