Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros. Wii save file problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set the Wii Language option to Spanish to test out Monster Hunter Tri in the latest version of dolphin. It seems to be running pretty good for my PC. So I then go an play New Super Mario Bros. Wii and forget to change it back to English. It wasn't a big deal for Mario, just some menus in Spanish. But when I saved the game, in the Notes section it now says "!Una nueva aventura de Mario!" I tried playing and saving the game while the language setting was set to English 3 times already and it still in Spanish. How can I fix this.

LuisR14

maybe you changed the gamelist language as well o.o
(04-21-2010, 01:08 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you changed the gamelist language as well o.o

I can not find any option for the gamelist language.
It's in config, on the bottom. Here is screenshot.
[Image: 2hqf1is.png]

If it's not English, it will use in-game menus in the language currently selected (in your case Spanish).
(04-21-2010, 05:58 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]It's in config, on the bottom. Here is screenshot.
[Image: 2hqf1is.png]

If it's not English, it will use in-game menus in the language currently selected (in your case Spanish).

That has always been in English, I set the language option inder the wii tab to test out Monster Hunter 3. It crashed when I tried to return to the village. Afterwards I reopened Dolphin and went to play New Super Mario Brothers. The Wii language setting was still in Spanish, and New Super Mario Brothers was in Spanish too. I played anyways because text is not important to play the game. I got some more coins for the levels and saved my game. Later I noticed in the game list for New Super Mario Brothers the notes tab was in Spain. IIRC this line of text comes from the save file. I reset the Wii language setting to English and open and saved the game in New Super Mario Brothers. but the notes text is still Spanish. I tried playing a level or to and saving multiple times afterwards but still its in Spanish.

LuisR14

hmm, could you try with "Tools->Purge Cache"? o_O