Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Super Mario Brothers Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I KNOW there are already other threads involving this but the ones I've found are all either using much older versions who look very different or are written in sucky annoying-too-understand "english"... <.<

First of all THANK YOU for this awesome emulator! I've only had it for like 24 hours and me and my neighbors have already had tons of fun with SSB Melee & Brawl! :)
And now we want to try the "New Super Mario Brothers Wii" game too x)

I've tried a few different button configurations and everything works with movement/jumping etc.
My only problem is that I can't figure out how to deal with the tilt/swing.

I'm using:
Dolphin version 2.0
One xbox360 controller (one made for PC).
One PS3 controller (with FULLY WORKING PC support).
And the keyboard.
(All this to play Wii/GameCube games on PC, how awesome is THAT? ;D )

Oh and by the way is there any way to get the LT/RT triggers on xbox360 controllers (the bottom ones on the back, L2/R2 if you will) to work with Dolphin?^^

//Bibbis :)

************Edit************

Okay, so I've been poking around for a bit and I think that I have actually managed to fix all my problems here.
So now I have been able to play for a while, just to notice that after 4-5 minutes I get this strange Wiimote error...

It looks like this:
[attachment=3069]
(click it)

I get one for each player.
When I play alone I only get this error for "Wiimote 1".
When two are playing I get two separate windows, one for "Wiimote 1" & one for "Wiimote 2".
And so on and on...

I guess that usually you should be able to just choose Yes or No and then keep playing, but when you get this message in New Mario the game instantly hangs...
And since you apparently DON'T get saved after every level you complete, you have to start from level one over and over and over and over again...

I don't know what's causing this so I don't know what to look for in the configurations.
Any ideas?

//Bibbis

PS. Even if you read this and don't know what to do but HAVE had problems like this in other games, post ideas!
I have been staring at the controller options for so many hours now that I just need anything that can help me think outside the box or whatever.

Tartifless

Hello,

I own the same gamepad as you have, can you give specific details of your configuration, I still have problems when it comes to tilt movements.

And did you figure out how to solve the message of disconnection ?

Regards,
Benoit

LuisR14

if you're using the NTSC version of nsmbw (USA version if you will :p) then you must patch so that you won't get that message Smile (i don't have to full details on how to patch it Undecided)
(04-21-2010, 06:27 PM)Tartifless Wrote: [ -> ]I own the same gamepad as you have, can you give specific details of your configuration, I still have problems when it comes to tilt movements.

Sure, here's what I did (:
[attachment=3105]
(click to enlarge)
[attachment=3106]
(click to enlarge)

Pretty darn good guide-thingy huh? ;)

(04-21-2010, 06:27 PM)Tartifless Wrote: [ -> ]And did you figure out how to solve the message of disconnection ?

No haven't figured that one out yet :/

(04-21-2010, 08:23 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]if you're using the NTSC version of nsmbw (USA version if you will :p) then you must patch so that you won't get that message :) (i don't have to full details on how to patch it :-/)

Oh, patch it you say? :o
But mine is apparently "Patched with wiiscrubber 1.4" is that what you meant? :/

Punito

(04-21-2010, 08:23 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]if you're using the NTSC version of nsmbw (USA version if you will :p) then you must patch so that you won't get that message Smile (i don't have to full details on how to patch it Undecided)

I'm running a PAL version and get the same message.

I started of with OpenGL and had that message, switched to Direct3DX9 (which looks awesome) and still got the same error Sad

Does anyone have any idea what it is Sad

[color=#006400]EDIT: Fixed the problem by downloading Dolphin-x64-r5393.7z[/color]

Tartifless

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the screenshots, will test that tonight at home.

@Punito:
This SVN fixed the message issue, have you noticed some regressions in game support ? I usually stay away from SVN's, don't want to spend hours configuring everything again and again.

Benoit

Punito

For me it's worth the extra time to get the game running smoothly ;D

edit: It hasn't crashed a single time yet
To sort out the tilt problem for mario bros, simply set the wiimote roll assignments to triggers and it should roll left right when u use them, and i prefer to set L1 as shake so u can pick things up.

Not sure about the message for the wiimote i just press ok when its ever happened to me and i can carry on.

Using svn 5363