Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Radeon Sapphire 5770
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Uriakus

I would like to buy this Video Card. (Radeon Sapphire 5770)
I´m located in Medellin, Colombia and we don't have much choices.
I would like to know how good is it with the Dolphin emulator.
Which cards does the Dolphin like more (Nvidia or ATI).
Excuse my English... Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank in advance.
I have this card and it runs great with Dolphin. I run games fullscreen @ 1366 x 768 but I suspect it would do a great job on full HD resolutions (1920 x 1080) as well. In my case, I can set AA to 2.5x without a drop in framerate; there is a slight drop when increasing AA beyond 2.5. Anyway, with this card, your framerate will be almost completely dependent on your CPU.

I read somewhere on the forum that nVidia cards have issues with some games, i.e. black screens but the music still playing in the background. I don't know if it is still the case, but to be on the safe side I'd stick with an ATI card for now.

The 5770 is a great card for the price, and will run all new PC games with pretty much all effects on too Smile Have fun!
Yes, nvidia cards still get that black screen issue in some games.. I can attest to that since it happened to me too, many times, but only in certain games. I'd say on a whole it would be better to use an ATi card for dolphin. So far I haven't heard any card-specific bugs they might have, don't think there are any at all.

5770 is a nice card for a low price, and those specs will be enough to run all games on full fps given you have a good cpu so neither one is bottlenecked by the other.. Should be enough to even run new PC games at highest details

Uriakus

I just bougth it.
I'll try it.
Best way to find out for sure !

BUT Why asking and opening a thread ,for buying the card 4 hours later ??? I don't get it...

Btw ,Dolphin is all about the CPU.