Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cheating and RAM Adresses (GameGenie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

S. P. Gardebiter

Hello,
I would like to ask if there is something simular for Dolphin what Snes9x had. (GameGenie)
Something where you can search for specific values in the RAM and it will display all RAM addresses, which contain that value. (You can search the displayed RAM addresses again, for other values)
So you can figure out, what the use of the RAM adresses is.

Is there a plugin or a tool for Dolphin which works simular?

I need this in order to reverse engineer a ROM, so the build in cheating device is kinda useless for my needs, also CheatEngine is pretty useless for that D:
The oldest issue we have open is to have a cheat search system. Dolphin has the facility to enter action replay codes but not find them. Memory locations can be found using the dolphin debugger (use the /d command line switch to start up in the debugger).

S. P. Gardebiter

The debugger is what I need. It really bugs me that I can't define how it should search though.

Because then, something like this happens:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9610/debugger.png

:x

Also, the memory, is that really all for the game? Or is part of it for the wii too and not for the game?
Not sure about the unaligned memory find.

The memory is for everything, the wii and the game. It is not possible to search just on the game locations even with a real console. As the console pretty much only contains the game, this is not a big problem.