Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just another PC spec review thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jungle

Hi folks, thanks for the great emulator Smile

Unfortunately though I've been having a few problems keeping a steady 30+ FPS in most games. I have a fairly fast PC and I'm able to play new games like Bad company 2 for example on Highest settings at 60fps but i understand the emulator has issues with quad core CPU's?

So was just wondering if you could review my specs and let me know if i need to make a few tweaks or suffer the the wrath of slow FPS.

GeForce 8800 GT
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40GHZ
2GB of RAM
Quote:has issues with quad core CPU's

It doesn't have issues it just doesn't get any speedup from them vs. dual cores.

Quote:Bad company 2 for example on Highest settings at 60fps
BS! You need a 5870 + phenom II/core 2 quad/core i7 @ 3.2GHz minimum to get 60fps average in bc2 with all the settings cranked up to max, and that's with HSAO off. If you turn HSAO on even that rig will struggle to get 45 fps. Only way I can think of for this to be true is if you have your resolution cranked down to something really low like 800 x 600. Not saying you can't run MOST games at 60 fps maxed, but saying that about bc2 is like saying that about crysis (I should know, I have both and can't max out either while getting a decent framerate and my rig is vastly superior to yours). Sorry to sound so angry and rude I just couldn't help myself when I read that.

As for the emulator you should really overclock your cpu, other than that the specs you've listed are plenty. Seriously though the Q6600 is a great cpu for ocing (I should know, I have one in my rig right now running @ 3.2GHz) as long as you have a decent aftermarket air cooler it can hit 3.2 GHz no problem and with a really good air cooler and mobo it can hit 3.6GHz while still staying below 65 C at full load.
Is that a AMD CPU o.O?