Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: after 20 successful compiles i am getting errors all the sudden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

meizme

Error 3 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\core\common\x64\release\common.lib' DSPTool DSPTool

Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..." Common Common

Error 35 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\common\x64\release\common.lib' Dolphin Dolphin

i have compiled and ran all versions up to todays build and the compiles completed fine, now im getting these errors i thought it might be because i didnt have opelCL installed, the sdk. so i installed it and added the lib and inc in VS2008 pro.

is there something i can do to fix this? or is it the source code is missing some parts that are the issue?

also since i am here i got the latest build from the first post in the forum and noticed a HUGE increase in speed i am running 1680x1050 16af 4aa on twilight princess and i used to struggle to get 1280x1024 w/o any IQ enhancements, is there a trigger in the build sequence i need to enable sse4.1 or is the openCL that huge a factor?

thank you in advance all who give thier precious time to offer assistance.
Try to do a "Clean Solution" and "Rebuild All"

meizme

(04-14-2010, 02:11 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Try to do a "Clean Solution" and "Rebuild All"

Unfortunatly this didnt work, i did a clean solution 30 successful 1 skipped, then a rebuild and got the same exact result common.lib errors...

i haven't seen a rebuild all, im asuming that you mean right click the solution and click rebuild solution.

Huh

thnx again for the support efforts.
the .lib extension refer to a files in library, did u have windows sdk installed? did u put the include and lib path in x64 platform? check again the path, it may be wrong, if u compile x64, make sure the path redirect to x64 not x86.

meizme

(04-14-2010, 10:34 PM)sasuketaichou Wrote: [ -> ]the .lib extension refer to a files in library, did u have windows sdk installed? did u put the include and lib path in x64 platform? check again the path, it may be wrong, if u compile x64, make sure the path redirect to x64 not x86.

just double checked my sdk folder settings all is good there, the .lib its looking for is in the SVN checkout>source>core>common>release>x64 directory and its called common.lib, for some weird reason its not compiling the common.lib that is needed during the build process, if someone could post their common.lib x64 build on a file server ill add it to the directory and see if it compiles then i can try and figure out why its not making the file in the SVN checkout or build processes.

thnx
Here: http://www.darkshadw.nl/files/Common.7z

EDIT: It's compressed so don't look at the size Wink :p.

meizme

(04-15-2010, 12:34 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Here: http://www.darkshadw.nl/files/Common.7z

EDIT: It's compressed so don't look at the size Wink :p.

thnx i tried and it did fix the errors i was getting about missing common.lib but threw several hundred warnings about bebug info... i wish i could figure out wth changed from when i could compile 4x a day w/o issue and the bamm i cant all the sudden.

sighHuh

well i am going to resvn checkout and reinstall the sdks and see if that helps.
what version of sdk r u using? dont say win7 sdk...maybe u can say...coz ive found the solution...
Check the names , once VC++ changed the names from whatever.lib to Whatever.lib and it didn't worked Tongue