Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Resident Evil 1 Remake graphic glitch.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

helpless

Hey there everybody,
for about one week now i am using the dolphin emulator, great emulator it is even though the first 3 days almost made me go insane cuz i wouldnt find a way to config my Controller ^_^.

Anyways im only playing RE only RE nothing else, part 0 is running quite slow from time to time but my main problem is about RE1, i have the problem that in some rooms from some ankles i think it has to do with light sources and moving shadiws, well the problem mostly occurs on Lit chimneys or dark alleys with very little light sources, so that there are lots of shadow. SO basically my Character is dissapearing when im moving through these areas so thay i may only see my shadow on the wall, it also happens sometimes i switch to fullscreen, suddenly the characters are gone...also sometimes it will come back to visibility but well , it seems as i have to start a new game until im in the main hall where all characters are displayed , and load my games then so that i can actually see Jill/chris otherwise i will only be playing shadys ^^.

My system speccs are :
AMD Phenom II X4 quad @ 3000 mhz
3 gigabyte DDR2
Sapphire HD 3870
i am using the common Dolphin 2.0 download i havent downloaded any additional stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKF-jDj3nec here a small video showing me running around as a shadow, i am using the settings from this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-384...ident+Evil

greetings , Phil
Phil if you're talking about the problem where the character seems to disappear in the main hall and is visible behind objects the character shouldn't be (ie - behind tables, desks, lamps or pillars) then thats just a small bug in the game that happens from time to time and unfortunately I know of no sure way to fix it. The only workaround I have is to move through to different rooms/hallways and eventually the bug will go away, for a certain amount of time. If you get it again you should be able to temporarily fix it again using the same method. The most common place I know of this problem is on the first floor of the mansion, in the room on the left with the banquet dinner table. Run along the table on the side with the typewriter all the way down to the chimney, then come back around the table to the door to the main hall. This seems to always produce this bug. Good luck to you and hope this helps in some way.

helpless

(04-14-2010, 03:28 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Phil if you're talking about the problem where the character seems to disappear in the main hall and is visible behind objects the character shouldn't be (ie - behind tables, desks, lamps or pillars) then thats just a small bug in the game that happens from time to time and unfortunately I know of no sure way to fix it. The only workaround I have is to move through to different rooms/hallways and eventually the bug will go away, for a certain amount of time. If you get it again you should be able to temporarily fix it again using the same method. The most common place I know of this problem is on the first floor of the mansion, in the room on the left with the banquet dinner table. Run along the table on the side with the typewriter all the way down to the chimney, then come back around the table to the door to the main hall. This seems to always produce this bug. Good luck to you and hope this helps in some way.

Na that doesnt sound like my problem, well not totally, mine is more like the character is dissapearing in either the light, or the shadows ,some time it does, sometimes its just gone for the whole game until i start a new one and load a state, best example for this is the dining room too, in the first gameplay minute after the cutscene with BArry ( when u play with Jill) the Chars are just gone infront of the chimney, if i run back to the entrance i can see her again, if i enter next room with the first zoimbie, it happens from time to time that Jill dissappears again, well and like i said everytime i turn to fullscreen chars are gone too, so that i can only see their shadows..., i have never had a problem similar to this in any game darn it. Like i said im gonna up a video, youtube is still checking it. !! oh yes and btw this goes for all objects to interact with, Zombies are gone too, or for example the statue on the upper floor of the dining room, herbs, ammo , etc.
Try not entering and quitting fullscreen mode a lot, start the game either in fullscreen or windowed mode and don't change it.

helpless

well different builds seem to fix it but, in exchange they run very slow =( like 10 fps... oh man what am i do ^_^