Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suddenly I noticed a strange question, about the BIOS ~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Most simulators need Bios to boot, but i never heard of Dolphin need Bios to do that. So i just want to know does it need bios to boot games or it just contains bios?
No, Dolphin need no bios - dolphin boot games directly.

the bad is, so there are no way to create your own mee, until someone makes a bios dumb and dolphin gets the ability to emulate it.
thanks~Tongue
(04-12-2010, 09:20 PM)Shadow-666 Wrote: [ -> ]the bad is, so there are no way to create your own mee, until someone makes a bios dumb and dolphin gets the ability to emulate it.

That's not true. Not to be rude, but you may want to know what you're talking about before you offer help to others,

You can get the Mii channel from a Wii game. Right click a Wii game in the emulator's GUI and select "properties" and then "filesystem". Then search for a file named "RVL-NigaoeNR-v4.wad". I've also seen the v4 replaced with v6 or some other "v" number, it should work also. You should find it in the UPDATE partition or the SYS partition of a Wii game ISO. Right click and extract it, then put it in your game folder and run it as a game, then create your Mii.
Dolphin can already emulate BIOS, even the GC's IPL.

You just need to dump it, and disable HLE bios in general config (at least for the GC bios).
(04-12-2010, 08:03 PM)xyj1232007 Wrote: [ -> ]Most simulators need Bios to boot, but i never heard of Dolphin need Bios to do that. So i just want to know does it need bios to boot games or it just contains bios?

Playing Flight Simulator X here , no bios needed

sorry I couldnt resist Tongue
other way to create your mee is download the mii channel, and run it like a game (I recommend with DX plugin) then you can create your mee, after that with your mee created in a game like Wii Sports choose your mee and play, That's the way that I can get it works Tongue
(04-13-2010, 11:45 PM)Jebus Wrote: [ -> ]other way to create your mee is download the mii channel

downloading the mii channel is the same as downloading any game, its property of nintendo so its steeling.

if you have a dumped game just extract it as Starscream said.. no need for further instructions than that.

(04-13-2010, 05:16 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 08:03 PM)xyj1232007 Wrote: [ -> ]Most simulators need Bios to boot, but i never heard of Dolphin need Bios to do that. So i just want to know does it need bios to boot games or it just contains bios?

Playing Flight Simulator X here , no bios needed

sorry I couldnt resist Tongue

no acceleration pack? :O u sux Tongue
(04-14-2010, 12:55 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2010, 11:45 PM)Jebus Wrote: [ -> ]other way to create your mee is download the mii channel

downloading the mii channel is the same as downloading any game, its property of nintendo so its steeling.

if you have a dumped game just extract it as Starscream said.. no need for further instructions than that.

Is the same if you use the NUS Downloader ? You are downloading directly from the Nintendo servers so...
(04-14-2010, 01:16 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2010, 12:55 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]

Is the same if you use the NUS Downloader ? You are downloading directly from the Nintendo servers so...

i think nintendo considers anything that allows the use of its material to run in what they call "unauthorized hardware" to be piracy Tongue

to them dolphin is that software.. and any other utility or emulator even for their own platforms..

why must everything be so complicated Sad?
Pages: 1 2