Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Tsarconic

Heya new to using the Dolphin emulator I've been having a problem regarding FPS. Specs are:

Windows XP 32-bit, SP2

Intel Pentium D 3.2 Ghz

3 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT - 1 gig

I started out with Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Fine at first but when the game starts the FPS starts to progressively get worse. Before I get to emulator specs, I'd like to make sure the system ones check out. I think they do, but I'd like to make certain.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Probably it's because of your CPU, you need a dual core processor to get best results with Dolphin, yours is single core only. So maybe it starts fine in the intro or the menu, but ingame will drop fps as sprites and stuff are onscreen.
his cpu IS a dual core its just that pentium is not a good processor for dolphin
might as well get a core 2 duo or something
Upgrade your cpu because your cpu is a weak one...
no, ask admin89, he's got a pentium d and very good results. he can give you some tips
(04-12-2010, 09:44 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]no, ask admin89, he's got a pentium d and very good results. he can give you some tips

Yeah,my 9800GT can play with anti-alias x4,HD 720p(1366x768) slow abit with this game 38-59 FPS opengl ( but direct3d9 better for u)
Edit: Enable EFB copy to texture not to ram,framelimit off if you want (mine keep auto cause some game too fast)
Go here and get svn5186 SSE3 ,I recommend you should upgrade to Windows 7 x64 for the best result
(04-12-2010, 01:47 PM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]his cpu IS a dual core its just that pentium is not a good processor for dolphin

That's not quite precise thaCASHdude, a Pentium D is a single core processor with Hyperthread technology to enable two threads to run simultaneously. This is not the same as having 2 or more phisical cores (as the core2duo, quad, i7, etc) and the performance from a real dual core cpu is far superior than a merely hyperthreaded one, specially in Dolphin.
makes it even worse, he needs a new cpu
(04-13-2010, 10:47 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 01:47 PM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]his cpu IS a dual core its just that pentium is not a good processor for dolphin

That's not quite precise thaCASHdude, a Pentium D is a single core processor with Hyperthread technology to enable two threads to run simultaneously. This is not the same as having 2 or more phisical cores (as the core2duo, quad, i7, etc) and the performance from a real dual core cpu is far superior than a merely hyperthreaded one, specially in Dolphin.

no, wrong again. Pentium 4 has that technology, as well as core i7 processors.
Pentium D is a REAL dual core, altho it's vewry power hungry and isn't good for a dual core. BUT you can NEVER comopare a pentium D with a Pentium 4.
look at the post above. a Pentium 4 can't play games full speed on opengl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D
that's a proof
DUal core indeed, my bad thaCASHdude, I got confused with the Pentium M cpus which are single core.
Pages: 1 2