Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pit of a performance issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now, I know this question has probably been asked by many people before, but hey, it's different for every person.

Ok, my problem... While running Dolphin, the emulator never runs above 30-40% speed. I've looked around the forums and tried everything to speed it up, to no avail it seems. I've been using the latest SVN Snapshot, not sure which revision it is. I close any unnecessary processes, and make sure nothing else is running, but it still lags. Here are my computer's specs.

Windows Vista SP2 32-bit

AMD Athlon X2 7550 Processor, 2.5 GHz

3 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT - 1GB of memory

I'm not sure what's causing it to be a problem, but one thing I've noticed, is that when I'm running Dolphin my computer's memory and CPU are almost maxed out. For my last word, even playing Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, my game runs at 50% or less.
your (onboard?) graphics card is not fast enough for resolutions above 800x600. use original resolution and direct x9 plugin only.
Well it's not an on-board card. And it has it's own memory. I've been playing on the lowest resolution, and I've been using DX9 at the same time. As I said before, I never get above the mid 50s.
It has nothing to do with his video card. Once again, post the settings you're using with the emulator and the Dolphin revision you're using. Everyone seems to never post this vital info.
Ok, this is Dolphin r5285, and I'm not sure which settings you want to see, so here's a couple screenshots. (New to the website, so just bear with me.)

[Image: Screen4.jpg]

[Image: Screen3.jpg]

[Image: Screen2.jpg]

[Image: Screen1.jpg]
Enable EFB Copy to texture and DSPLLE on thread and report back. Also try turning framelimit to off or some higher number over 60.
Ok, I did that, and the most FPS I get is 40. (With framelimit off)
Mess with the safe texture cache options and enable XFB. Upgrading to a 64-bit OS and a 64-bit Dolphin build will also help a bit, but that may not be worth your time for a few extra frames.

Nothing else I can think of.
try unchecking Enable audio throttle
Also try finding and downloading the Dolphin 2.0 RC1 build with the same settings I mentioned.
Pages: 1 2