Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Increasing FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so Ive got a bit of a problem using dolphin...
none of the games that I play can go above 30 fps while in action (playing the actual game). At start up menus and selecting game saves, the game runs smoothly at 60 fps, but again, once I start playing, game plays at 20-30 fps. Now, I added a .bat file that I found on the forum that sorta increased my fps a little (by about 5), but now I feel like I've run out of things to do. I disabled alot of the unnecessary features (fog, panic handles, etc...) but this didn't really seem to work...I'm using directx9 by the way, I've heard that's the one to use when you're computer is strong enough to handle the regular plugin...so I guess I just want to know if there is any way I could increase the frame rate for my games? Also I feel like it would also be worth mentioning that Im playing all my games on my laptop...
Tell us your laptop specs
Processor 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500
Memory 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 800MHz
Hard drive 320GB, 5,400rpm
Chipset Intel GM45
Graphics Intel GMA 4500MHD
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6199.html
try these games...they'll work out well for u.
also give us your config
General:
Enable dual core
Enable idle skipping
disable cheates
Enable HLE the IPL
Enable JIT Recompiler
Disable Interpreter
Enable Lock Threads to Core
Enable Optimize Quantizers
Enable DSP on thread
Disable Confirm on Stop
Disable Panic Handlers
Enable Always Hide Cursor

Wii:
Sensor Bar Position Top
Disable Screen Saver
Disable Progressive Scan
Enable Use EuRGB60 Mode
Aspect Ratio 4:3

Plugins:
Dolphin Direct 3D9
(Click Configure Button)
Disable V-Sync
Enable Render to main window
Aspect ratio 4:3
Fullscreen Resolution 640x480
Windowed resolution 640x480
Enable CPU ->EFB Access
(Enhancements Tab)
Only thing enabled is EFB Scaled copy. Everything else is disabled
(Advanced Tab)
Only thing enabled is EFB Copy Enable to RAM and Disable Fog. Everything else is disabled

And I guess thats it
put efb copy to texture instead of ram and disable eurgbpal60
set framelimitting to off. put frameskip to 1 by going to emulation/frameskip/nr.frames skipped
and also check the thread i gave u a link on. it's gonna be really helpful
(04-11-2010, 04:46 AM)irishpirate01 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked the link but Im not sure how it works. Is it just a list of games that work well for slow cpus or does it give download links as well? Also, thx for the configuration update

yes, a list for games that work on slow cpu's. no downloads for games...you gotta own the game to play the game. look:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8473.html
Ugh, Im a fucking idiot. Well I guess that answers that question...time to buy a gamecube!
Turn framelimit to off. Try a build in the R4870's. Those builds allow you to use frameskipping.

cmccmc

you don't need a gamecube just the game and a way to dump the disc
Pages: 1 2