Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pliqu3011

I tried everything but I can't get Dolphin to work! Angry
The problem:
I want to start Dolphin, I click the .exe file "Dolphin" and I get a Windows error (DolphinIL doesn't work either...):

AppName: dolphin.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dolphin.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0026da2e

I'm using Windows XP Home 32-bit

BTW: Does Tales of Symphonia 1 work on Dolphin, 'cause thats the only thing I want this emulator for. If not, is there a way to burn/copy it onto a DVD or SD-card?
I do have a GC and a Wii, but I borrowed ToS 1 from a friend. Now I'd like to replay it but he moved to Germany... :´-(
EDIT: I looked it up and ToS does work, yay! Tongue
Now I only need Dolphin to work correctly! Undecided
SPECS !
post your pc specs

Pliqu3011

Bah! This won't work anyway! The PC I want to play on is WAAAAY outdated (and I mean really, really old!).

Anyways, here are my specs (not that it matters... Undecided)

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2.01 GHz
1GB DDR RAM (PC2700) @ 166 MHz
Crappy no-brand mobo
nVidia GeForce 6200

Planning to buy a new system (building it myself, yay!Big Grin), I only need some funds (maybe I could try selling my current PC to a museum...Sad)
It's not Dolphin that doesn't work, it's your crappy PC that doesn't work with Dolphin. An AMD Athlon XP processor isn't compatible, it's clearly listed in the requirements to run Dolphin as it lacks SSE2 (A hardware processor instruction set) that is required by Dolphin.

So abandon all hope unless you have the cash to build or buy a new PC that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements to run Dolphin acceptably, or you could invest in a Wii which is cheaper and has full compatibility with games and is able to run all games at full speed.

Pliqu3011

Thanks for all help!
Forgot to read the minimum requirements... *facepalm*Blush

@ Xtreme2damax:
I already own a Wii, but I don't own the game itself:
(04-10-2010, 08:30 PM)Pliqu3011 Wrote: [ -> ]I do have a GC and a Wii, but I borrowed ToS 1 from a friend. Now I'd like to replay it but he moved to Germany... :´-(
This war will never end ...