Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lord Wilmore

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so hey everyone, I could use some help. I'm trying to play super smash brothers melee for gamecube on the dolphin emulator. I have Dolphin 2.0 for 64-bit, and when I go to Config-Plugins, under graphics my two options are Dolphin OpenGL and Dolphin Software Renderer.

When I select Dolphin OpenGL and try to load the game, it gives me the error:

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info"

and after it gives that message dolphin closes.

When I go back to plugins and switch to the other option, Dolphin Software Renderer, the game will load, but runs very slowly and when I try to click on the graphics button, nothing comes up, and the same happens when i go to Options- Graphics settings, so I can't do anything to change how slow it is going.

I was just wondering what my options are to fix this problem and make this game work at a good speed, this is the only game I want to play.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NW270F
Windows 7 Home Premium
4GB RAM
2.2 Ghz processor
Intel GM45 Graphics chipset with latest updates

Thanks for the help!
(04-10-2010, 04:29 PM)Lord Wilmore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm new to the forum, so hey everyone, I could use some help. I'm trying to play super smash brothers melee for gamecube on the dolphin emulator. I have Dolphin 2.0 for 64-bit, and when I go to Config-Plugins, under graphics my two options are Dolphin OpenGL and Dolphin Software Renderer.

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info"

When I go back to plugins and switch to the other option, Dolphin Software Renderer, the game will load, but runs very slowly and when I try to click on the graphics button, nothing comes up, and the same happens when i go to Options- Graphics settings, so I can't do anything to change how slow it is going.

I was just wondering what my options are to fix this problem and make this game work at a good speed, this is the only game I want to play.

Windows 7 Home Premium
4GB RAM
2.2 Ghz processor

Thanks for the help!
update directx and there should be a direct3d9 plugin as well. choose that, it's the fastest

Lord Wilmore

(04-10-2010, 05:43 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2010, 04:29 PM)Lord Wilmore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm new to the forum, so hey everyone, I could use some help. I'm trying to play super smash brothers melee for gamecube on the dolphin emulator. I have Dolphin 2.0 for 64-bit, and when I go to Config-Plugins, under graphics my two options are Dolphin OpenGL and Dolphin Software Renderer.

Windows 7 Home Premium
4GB RAM
2.2 Ghz processor

Thanks for the help!
update directx and there should be a direct3d9 plugin as well. choose that, it's the fastest

Okay I checked and I already have Directx 11 which is the most updated version right? so how do i get the direct3d9 plugin? sorry if these are stupid questions, i'm not very computer literate.
(04-10-2010, 08:26 PM)Lord Wilmore Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2010, 05:43 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]

Windows 7 Home Premium
4GB RAM
2.2 Ghz processor

Thanks for the help!

Okay I checked and I already have Directx 11 which is the most updated version right? so how do i get the direct3d9 plugin? sorry if these are stupid questions, i'm not very computer literate.

Okay after some researching online I downloaded the directx updater and got the direct3d9 plugin working and now it's working fine, just working out some fine tuning to get it to run as smooth and fast as possible. Thanks so much for the help!
no prob Wink You didn't have to quote the whole damn thing tho

Lord Wilmore

Sorry about that, I guess I just got excited cause it was actually working, lol.