Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Corrupted Cards? Where?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got this emulator. Seems nice. Game runs alright. Or, at least, the main menu does.

Whenever I go to start, it tells me the memory card is corrupted. But, when I go to look in the folder to delete the card, as this forum has told me to do, I find that there is no card. Nor does the emulator create a new one at any point. Ever.

Ideas?
Anyone? This is really odd.
When the game formats the memory card dolphin creates it ( You cant format a memory card that doesn't exist Tongue )
(04-10-2010, 11:57 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]When the game formats the memory card dolphin creates it ( You cant format a memory card that doesn't exist Tongue )

The game does not format a card, though. It just says it needs to be formatted and does nothing.
Then format it , the game should have an option for that

And if it does nothing after that , then try formation it with another game
(04-10-2010, 01:11 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Then format it , the game should have an option for that

And if it does nothing after that , then try formation it with another game

The game has no such option, so I suppose I'll try a different game.
These are empty memory cards , just put them in */User/GC Tongue
(04-10-2010, 01:26 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]These are empty memory cards , just put them in */User/GC Tongue

Perfect, thank you very much.

dude17645

(04-10-2010, 01:26 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]These are empty memory cards , just put them in */User/GC Tongue

As I am having the same problem, I tried putting this card into the User/GC Folder and I still get the same thing in game "Memory card is corrupted, would you like to reformat?" and I hit yes and it does nothing. Since I only have memory card A (the one you attached) and not B, is this the problem? I am trying to play Pokemon Colosseum.
(04-11-2010, 04:27 AM)dude17645 Wrote: [ -> ]

As I am having the same problem, I tried putting this card into the User/GC Folder and I still get the same thing in game "Memory card is corrupted, would you like to reformat?" and I hit yes and it does nothing. Since I only have memory card A (the one you attached) and not B, is this the problem? I am trying to play Pokemon Colosseum.

make a copy of MemoryCardA.USA.raw rename it to MemoryCardB.USA.raw then in your general config go to the GameCube page and select those 2 cards as your cards. The thing is MOST games will make dolphin create the card for you. Pokemon Colosseum may not. All of the Zelda/Mario/Harvest Moon/Disney/Backyard games do. If its reading the cards as corrupt then its not the card. What version of the EMU are you using?

Oh and make sure they are in Rootfolder/User/GC there should already be a SRAM.raw file there The SRAM file may also be necessary so if you deleted that it may be the cause of your problem

Also make certain you are using the proper region card for the region of the game. I dont know if that will make a difference but it might.
Pages: 1 2